+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student - Full time work during Christmas Break

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Good afternoon Everyone!

I just would like to ask if it's possible for the international students to work full time during Christmas breaks?
I'm allowed only 20hours/week.
is there anything I have to do to work full time in Christmas break?

Thank you

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Good afternoon Everyone!

I just would like to ask if it's possible for the international students to work full time during Christmas breaks?
I'm allowed only 20hours/week.
is there anything I have to do to work full time in Christmas break?

Thank you
During your regular scheduled break like Christmas break, you can work full time. You don't need to do anything additional to work full time but depending on your college your break time will be small.

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
During your regular scheduled break like Christmas break, you can work full time. You don't need to do anything additional to work full time but depending on your college your break time will be small.
Thank you for your time! yah actually it says Holiday Closure - College Closed (December 21- January 4)
So it means I can work immediately from December 21 - January 4? but our next semester class will start on January 14. Can I work from December 21-January 14? Thank you!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you for your time! yah actually it says Holiday Closure - College Closed (December 21- January 4)
So it means I can work immediately from December 21 - January 4? but our next semester class will start on January 14. Can I work from December 21-January 14? Thank you!
You are mixing up two things. In Canada colleges are accessible by students at all times and you can even go to colleges that you are not studying in. Some colleges have 24 X 7 areas that you can study in. The first date is when the college will be physically closed and you cannot access and receive services.

If all programs in that college are starting on the 14th then it is ok. However if it is mentioned in the college calender that on the 5th the classes resume then you must stop working full time on the 5th even though you may personally not have a class untill the 14th.

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
You are mixing up two things. In Canada colleges are accessible by students at all times and you can even go to colleges that you are not studying in. Some colleges have 24 X 7 areas that you can study in. The first date is when the college will be physically closed and you cannot access and receive services.

If all programs in that college are starting on the 14th then it is ok. However if it is mentioned in the college calender that on the 5th the classes resume then you must stop working full time on the 5th even though you may personally not have a class untill the 14th.
Oh okay Thank you very much for your clarification Selvakk