+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student from india applied for visa on first week of November for jan 20 intake

Amanjotk18

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
My biometric was completed on 9th oct and i got the refusal on 24th oct...so i have reapplied on 29th oct,....it shows medical is updated on 5th nov and still no update after that.
Exactly no one know why their is so much delay in decisions.... Everyone is hoping for best. Also best of luck !!

Gsing271

Nov 27, 2019
yeah i don't know what's taking so long....i have checked with other people as well all of them are getting same response from their agents that the visas will be processed in first week of dec.

vaibhavsharma

Aug 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
LANDED..........
Canada
Ya there are lot of delays right now in the processing time of Applications.. Both Study Permmits and CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate)..For eg the timelines for CAQ is 20 days and it has been increased to 45 days + and same is the case of Study permit also..

vaibhavsharma

Aug 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
LANDED..........
Canada
Canada has 3 major intakes
1. January (Winter)
2. May (Spring)
3. Sept (Fall)
Right now Jan 2020 intake is closed all over Canada and for May 2020 Intake in Ontario 80% of the seats are filled..
So anyone planning for May 2020 has to act fast otherwise they might have to go for Sept Intake.

vaibhavsharma

Aug 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
LANDED..........
Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Please check this link

Length of the program or programs of study, including Quebec vocational programs with a diploma of college studies (DCS) and an attestation of college studies (ACS) Length of Quebec vocational programs with a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or attestation of vocational specialization (AVS) Length of the post-graduation work permit that can be issued.

A. The program of study is at least 8 months and less than 2 years. (It means if the study if 8 months to less than 2 years the Work Permit will be of the same length)

The vocational program of study is at least 900 hours and less than 1,800 hours.

The length of the work permit should coincide with the length of the program, as confirmed by the eligible DLI in the written confirmation of program completion (such as an official letter of completion or transcript).

B. The program of study is 2 years or longer (It means if the study is 2 years or longer the Work Permit should be of 3 years)

The vocational program of study is 1,800 hours or longer.

If the length of the program is confirmed by the eligible DLI in the written confirmation of program completion (such as an official letter or transcript), the length of the work permit should be 3 years.