+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student from india applied for visa on first week of November for jan 20 intake

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
i dont know why mine is taking so much time.. i applied on 15th Nov. :(
I wonder how they finalise the applications. Mine is pending since 21st October sds online with 30th October my biometrics being updated. Nothing whatsoever after that how can there be so much deviation with some files getting decisions in 10 days and some pending from 1.5 months.

eemgee

Nov 25, 2019
I wonder how they finalise the applications. Mine is pending since 21st October sds online with 30th October my biometrics being updated. Nothing whatsoever after that how can there be so much deviation with some files getting decisions in 10 days and some pending from 1.5 months.
whats your profile? i think easy cases are accepted or rejected quickly and complicated cases takes more than average time.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I highly doubt that. I have heard cases with severe complexity getting accepted normally without any delays. People with gaps in education have also been accepted in this forum itself. I applied MBA with 5 years work ex. 10th and 12th with 76 and 84%. Graduate with commerce 68% (correspondence which could be my weak point) but i have work experience simultaneously to justify that. Also i am married with a kid, don’t really know if all that sums up to make my profile weak.

eemgee

Nov 25, 2019
I highly doubt that. I have heard cases with severe complexity getting accepted normally without any delays. People with gaps in education have also been accepted in this forum itself. I applied MBA with 5 years work ex. 10th and 12th with 76 and 84%. Graduate with commerce 68% (correspondence which could be my weak point) but i have work experience simultaneously to justify that. Also i am married with a kid, don’t really know if all that sums up to make my profile weak.
i am not saying your profile is weak. But people with education gap, high work experience, etc dont fit in the criteria of easy cases for study visa per se. I am sure Visa officer will also have to forward the cases to senior visa officers basis deviation and escalation matrix, which takes time in decisioning (either approval or rejection).

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
i am not saying your profile is weak. But people with education gap, high work experience, etc dont fit in the criteria of easy cases for study visa per se. I am sure Visa officer will also have to forward the cases to senior visa officers basis deviation and escalation matrix, which takes time in decisioning (either approval or rejection).
You could very well be making sense. Hope we all hear positive news soon.

Gsing271

Nov 27, 2019
My case is the same i have applied on 29th oct and still no response and waiting ...every night i sleep around 4 waiting for email.... :(

Reactions: Dhruv1

Sagar@123

Aug 9, 2019
Hello,

I applied on 28th November for Jan 2020 intake. I'm going to Quebec so it took a little time to get my CAQ. I gave my biometrics on 2nd Dec and it got updated the same day. No update after that. Hope everything goes well.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
My case is the same i have applied on 29th oct and still no response and waiting ...every night i sleep around 4 waiting for email.... :(
My reporting date to university is 9th for documentation and a week next to that for orientation. Which I am certain to miss now, I don’t even know if I will get an extension after that because these were mentioned mandatory to me via email from university. How does deferring work, do you need to reapply for visa or same visa remains valid if you lets say receive but just late.

Gsing271

Nov 27, 2019
My reporting date to university is 9th for documentation and a week next to that for orientation. Which I am certain to miss now, I don’t even know if I will get an extension after that because these were mentioned mandatory to me via email from university. How does deferring work, do you need to reapply for visa or same visa r
As per my case i have called college and they asked me to drop an email to authorized person that they can issue offer letter for may intake.