+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Direct Stream Questions

JP5

May 8, 2018
Hi,

I'm applying for Student Permit via Student Direct Stream. Can anyone help me with this?

SDS requires payment of full tuition for the first year. I asked the school if I can pay in full and they said NO. They only accept payment by terms. What should i do? Can I have them write a letter to embassy saying they don't accept full payments? Will they still consider me eligible for SDS?

Thanks in advance.

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi,

I'm applying for Student Permit via Student Direct Stream. Can anyone help me with this?

SDS requires payment of full tuition for the first year. I asked the school if I can pay in full and they said NO. They only accept payment by terms. What should i do? Can I have them write a letter to embassy saying they don't accept full payments? Will they still consider me eligible for SDS?

Thanks in advance.

and your country ? and you must explain everything in SOP.

JP5

May 8, 2018
Hi Param, I'm from the Philippines. I got into a masters degree program in Vancouver. I learned about the Student Direct Stream to speed up the processing time for my student permit and one of the requirements is to pay the full tuition of the school. However, the school said they don't accept full payments and only accept payments in terms as the school year progresses. How do I now fulfill one of the requirements of the SDS?

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi Param, I'm from the Philippines. I got into a masters degree program in Vancouver. I learned about the Student Direct Stream to speed up the processing time for my student permit and one of the requirements is to pay the full tuition of the school. However, the school said they don't accept full payments and only accept payments in terms as the school year progresses. How do I now fulfill one of the requirements of the SDS?
in forum there is one large thread about Philippines, read it 700+ pages you might find something or just submit file with great very well explained SOP. but i still suggest talk someone with experience.

vbedi

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
What did you end up doing? I think we can submit the first semester fee as proof and that should be sufficient ?

navn47

Jul 27, 2019
Hi There,

Quick question on Student direct stream. We got education loan sanctioned letter from a bank as fund proof (that should cover the fee and living expenses).

Can we apply through SDS with out 10K GIC investment and 1 year fee paid?

Any insights are highly appreciated .

Thanks

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Hi There,

Quick question on Student direct stream. We got education loan sanctioned letter from a bank as fund proof (that should cover the fee and living expenses).

Can we apply through SDS with out 10K GIC investment and 1 year fee paid?

Any insights are highly appreciated .

Thanks
NO, You have to pay 1 year fee and GIC in Advance to be eligible for the SDS category. This is the requirement