+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Direct Stream India - don't see all necessary documents to upload online

dayal219

May 1, 2012
Hi, I am helping my nephew apply for student visa through SDS. He is from India and eligible for to apply through SDS. I don't any questions in the online eligibility questionnaire asking SDS specific things like IELTS or GIC. Also, final list of documents is only the list for general category.

I remember seeing an additional set of questions for SDS when I tried a few months back and also the list of documents to upload used to ask for IELTS, GIC, and SDS specific things.

How to make sure you are applying in SDS cetergory? or is it upto CIC to check the general application for SDS eligibliity?

Anyone help?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi, I am helping my nephew apply for student visa through SDS. He is from India and eligible for to apply through SDS. I don't any questions in the online eligibility questionnaire asking SDS specific things like IELTS or GIC. Also, final list of documents is only the list for general category.

I remember seeing an additional set of questions for SDS when I tried a few months back and also the list of documents to upload used to ask for IELTS, GIC, and SDS specific things.

How to make sure you are applying in SDS cetergory? or is it upto CIC to check the general application for SDS eligibliity?

Anyone help?
Did you put the country of residence as India ?

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018

Anyone help?
You need to select upfront medical and you will see all this document for uploads.like ielts gic etc

Reactions: dayal219

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
You must be answering a question that is making you ineligible for SDS. For SDS you need to be a citizen and resident of one of the 4 countries, you must have a GIC of 10,000, have a Valid IELTS exam (within 2 years of application) with 6.0 overall and in each module. You must have also taken a upfront medical test. Is there anything there that you have not done or said no to ?

dayal219

May 1, 2012
Thanks for the quick replies. It's the upfront medical question that did the trick. Now I can see all the SDS specific things.

Btw is police clearance required for students applying from India. I read somewhere it is required but dont see that in the list of documents to upload.

Any help?

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
Thanks for the quick replies. It's the upfront medical question that did the trick. Now I can see all the SDS specific things.

Btw is police clearance required for students applying from India. I read somewhere it is required but dont see that in the list of documents to upload.

Any help?
Awesome you got it now. Police clearance is not required study visa.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

Any help?
Police clearance not required for Indian applicants.