+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student and spouse visa at a time

ravinder05

Oct 30, 2014
hi all

this is sandy my wife is planning to do Pd diploma 2years with co-op in lambton college Canada,
i am searching in net from last week about a proper answer. i am married can v apply for student and dependent visa at the same time i know that CIC says u can but what is success rate, some of my friends said that it is very risky like 20% chances of getting visa,
i know that there are people who got rejections for spouse visa even though their partner is in Canada on student visa. so what are the chances for both getting visa, and one more thing in my case i have traveled to uk on study permit and extended it to psw after that i applied for HSMP which was rejected so i appealed the rejection in the court, but due to personal reasons i have withdrawn the appeal case before the hearing date and came back to india. in my passport the date of arrival to india will be different to the visa expiry date. I know for sure that i haven't stayed illegally bcoz i have applead my case will that give any impact on the present case. (it was in 2010 nov)

I Know that i can apply to UK any time and they can not reject me bcoz of appealed i made but we don't want to go bcoz of the present student visa rules in uk.

so can any one please suggest me that can v apply together for Canada what will be the success rate in my case. i don't want take the risk of applying my spouse student visa first and mine later, bcoz there are chances of rejection in later period also
i also heard that VOF is not encouraging the students with spouse
i hope any one can suggest me in my case

many thanks in advance

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
No one can give you accurate facts of rejection rate as that data is not made public by any embassy.
As a personal opinion, I certainly have read far more rejection cases than approval cases but this is not to discourage you. I am myself an example of approval case along with my wife and we applied together and got our stamped passport back in 7 working days.

Regarding your UK case where VO might suspect you overstayed, you should try to clarify it in SOP/Covering letter.
But it can have a negative effect as well where VO might suspect that you will not return as you already tried immigration in UK using HSMP but if I was in your position i would definitely clarify it as VO's perception of you staying illegally is definitely going to lead to rejection.

My final advice is keep your paper work strong, and SOP excellent with emotional touches and hope for the best.

ravinder05

Oct 30, 2014
hi raman thank u for your suggestions, iam very much worried abt my current situation weather to apply for canada or not if apply single or both at a time but i think if i apply i have to take a chance i have to apply both at a time if got rejected both will b rejected if approved both will be approved.
my concern here is i have applied for lambton college for pg diploma course internet programming & database magt system 2years with co-op
does community colleges have less visa success rate then university.

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
ravinder05 said:
hi raman thank u for your suggestions, iam very much worried abt my current situation weather to apply for canada or not if apply single or both at a time but i think if i apply i have to take a chance i have to apply both at a time if got rejected both will b rejected if approved both will be approved.
my concern here is i have applied for lambton college for pg diploma course internet programming & database magt system 2years with co-op
does community colleges have less visa success rate then university.
Hello Ravinder05, I am in similar situation like yours. I am in process to apply for student visa for my wife for MS in Computer Science and planning to apply for spouse visa for me. But not able to get enough response in internet about the success rate and is there something we can do to make the case more stronger for a positive outcome. You have already gone through similar situation, So hoping you can help me providing your suggestion and experience.

Did you get your spouse VISA approved? Did you apply it together or separately? if you get your VISA, did you guys travelled together? Is there any point which need to be taken care during the process.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

anuragn2 said:
Hello Ravinder05, I am in similar situation like yours. I am in process to apply for student visa for my wife for MS in Computer Science and planning to apply for spouse visa for me. But not able to get enough response in internet about the success rate and is there something we can do to make the case more stronger for a positive outcome. You have already gone through similar situation, So hoping you can help me providing your suggestion and experience.

Did you get your spouse VISA approved? Did you apply it together or separately? if you get your VISA, did you guys travelled together? Is there any point which need to be taken care during the process.

There is nothing called spouse or dependent visa. You are actually applying for a TRV separately along with spousal study permit application. You have option to send both application together in one envelope but it doesn't mean both are connected. Either both will get approved/refused or only one will get approved.

Jan 25, 2020
Hi guys,my name is Nimasha and im from Sri Lanka. i already applied for Australian student visa with my husband for my Masters in Business Administration in ECU.but unfortunately i got general refusal in my case. now im looking for this upcoming September intake in Canada, and Iam in similar situation like yours. i want to can i apply after six months for Canadian student permit with