+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in secondary clearance

Tanaya

May 2, 2019
I applied for a study permit on 25th February. But my application is stuck at the background check. I mailed them and they replied it was going through the secondary clearance. Its been 65 days. Is there anyone who was stuck in this process. How many did it take to clear?

Reactions: ababruja

mamet

May 13, 2019
Hey Tanaya, so any updates on your application? Did you receive your visa? Currently, I'm having the same case here, I applied on 26th February, and did my medical checkup in March and my application is still being processed with secondary clearance. Please do inform here if you received your study permit.

Tanaya

May 2, 2019
Hey Tanaya, so any updates on your application? Did you receive your visa? Currently, I'm having the same case here, I applied on 26th February, and did my medical checkup in March and my application is still being processed with secondary clearance. Please do inform here if you received your study permit.
Yesss I just received my passport today! My visa was approved on 8th May. They shipped the letter on 9th and it arrived today. I'm not really sure why it delayed so much but I think it has something to do with verifying my funds.

Reactions: ababruja

mamet

May 13, 2019
Thank you very much for the information and congratulations. That's really great news :)

Which country did you apply from? I applied from Malaysia to the agency since we don't have embassy here, any recommendations or suggestions which I should do?

Bishaal

Jul 2, 2019
I am facing the same issue.Applied for my study permit on 21 April.IRCC still processing my application..... I don't know what went wrong.I submitted all the paper they want.
Any way to contact directly with IRCC?

mamet

May 13, 2019
I am facing the same issue.Applied for my study permit on 21 April.IRCC still processing my application..... I don't know what went wrong.I submitted all the paper they want.
Hey there you have to be patient, I got response after 3 months plus, as I investigate, the longer it is higher chances for you to get accepted.

And yes there are emails where you can directly email them, it varies country by country, you can google it

Reactions: Bishaal

Bishaal

Jul 2, 2019
But some of my friends application got accepted within 7-35 days... getting tensed as days going by.

mamet

May 13, 2019
But some of my friends application got accepted within 7-35 days... getting tensed as days going by.
Yes mostly it is, but for some applicants they do secondary clearance, which means, after the embassy checkup they send some applicants documents to secondary clearance, where third party gets involved and they will start to re-check your all documents, only after they confirm with third party you will receive your visa.

Note: Secondary clearance is requested only for some applicants not to all.

Hopefully you will receive your visa soon, don't worry but yeah you will have to patient, mostly it takes two to 4 months as from my investigation.

You may contact the ircc through email directly and yes they respond on time. You can google it because their email address changes depending on their location.

Reactions: Bishaal

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017

hi
i applied on 15 March but no decision yet

Bishaal

Jul 2, 2019
I found the issue..ircc emailed to my mother's corresponding bank on 14th may.They didn't responded their email,ircc again emailed on 25th June that's why my application is taking this long time to process...... Contact with your bank!It is the main reason your application got stuck I think.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Thank you very much for the information and congratulations. That's really great news :)

Which country did you apply from? I applied from Malaysia to the agency since we don't have embassy here, any recommendations or suggestions which I should do?
I'm stuck with same. how did you resolve this?

Niloyahmed33

Jun 2, 2023
Is there anyone who can tell me the secondary clearance and how long take to complete the process I am facing a similar issue for one year of the work permit application I don't know why stuck my application.