+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUCK in Mississauga (My Possible Issue)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Hi all.

I'm one of those unlucky few who are currently stuck in Mississauga.
Timeline.. Outland, US, Common-law.
Sent: Feb.6
Received: Feb.23
AOR1: Mar.2
SA: Mar.3

At the beginning of this month I had called CIC and asked to for an update on our application since it had been a little over four months and no transfer. The woman seemed extremely concerned and told me to call back at the end of the month if I still wasn't transferred.
I called today and spoke with a woman who had me on hold for almost twenty minutes while she looked at our file. She said that she was getting a second opinion.
she said everything looks fine and they have everything they need. BUT it looks like our application has been mark for overseas processing. She asked me if I was a citizen anywhere else in the world and I told her I wasn't. Just the US. She said that shouldn't matter and that Ottawa should be the only one processing it. She said this overseas status is most likely calling confusion.

I've called the CIC now a couple of times and two of those times the agent has sent a note asking "why is this not sent to Ottawa" and both times the response was "we have everything we need, it will be sent soon."

I have ordered GCMS notes and should receive them this week.
Anyone with experience who can maybe comment on what on earth is going on?
Should I get my MP involved to help clear this confusion that's causing a delay?

Thank you,
-Mason

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Okay at least you got some info....however doesn't really give much insight, still remains unclear to me as of why they marked your app as for overseas processing. My personal opinion you definitely should try to ask your MP to interfere..in worse case he/she will just tell you - no, we cant do anything as its too early into process....
I really hope that you will get some clear info from the notes....(I ordered them some time ago as well).

Reactions: Masonb6888

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hi all.

At the beginning of this month I had called CIC and asked to for an update on our application since it had been a little over four months and no transfer. The woman seemed extremely concerned and told me to call back at the end of the month if I still wasn't transferred.
I called today and spoke with a woman who had me on hold for almost twenty minutes while she looked at our file. She said that she was getting a second opinion.
she said everything looks fine and they have everything they need. BUT it looks like our application has been mark for overseas processing. She asked me if I was a citizen anywhere else in the world and I told her I wasn't. Just the US. She said that shouldn't matter and that Ottawa should be the only one processing it. She said this overseas status is most likely calling confusion.

I've called the CIC now a couple of times and two of those times the agent has sent a note asking "why is this not sent to Ottawa" and both times the response was "we have everything we need, it will be sent soon."

Should I get my MP involved to help clear this confusion that's causing a delay?

Thank you,
-Mason
Definitely time to get your MP involved, this looks like a huge waste of time if it's not being processed at Mississauga and just waiting to be transferred.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
I hope your MP is more willing to help than mine was.

I got the worst case MP: Won't do anything because it's too early in the process. Come back at 11-12 months.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Hi all.

Thank you,
-Mason
I suggest you write a very detailed letter outlining factually what has happened. If you submitted a paper application then you would send the letter to CPC-M addressed to a "senior manager" and make sure you get proof of a signed courier slip when you send it. Alternatively if you have linked your application online then you need to upload the detailed letter via their web form with a summary explanation in the web form box. Make sure you keep a copy of the summary as well. I had to do this for an ongoing problem I had with CPC-M which was a serious error on their part.

I tried the MP route (in my case useless, many people on this forum know much more than some of the MP's staff) the helpline (multiple times and got a different answer every time - more frustration) and even the Minister's office directly (probably the most unhelpful/useless of all). :mad:

Thankfully my written letter was received and dealt with correctly (finally) by CPC-M. All of this took 5 months to resolve their mistake. And even when they corrected their hard copy file, I still had to send another correction via the web form after I linked my application online. Mercifully that was responded to fairly quickly because they could cross reference back to the written letter they had on file. This is what worked for me. You can wait for the GCMS notes if you want in case they will shed any light on the situation. If they are helpful by all means include/reference them. If they are not helpful then proceed without them. Hope this might be helpful! Or at the very least possibly encouraging. ;)

Reactions: Masonb6888

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
What was their mistake so we can inquire about it? How did you find out about it?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I suggest you write a very detailed letter outlining factually what has happened. If you submitted a paper application then you would send the letter to CPC-M addressed to a "senior manager" and make sure you get proof of a signed courier slip when you send it. Alternatively if you have linked your application online then you need to upload the detailed letter via their web form with a summary explanation in the web form box. Make sure you keep a copy of the summary as well. I had to do this for an ongoing problem I had with CPC-M which was a serious error on their part.

I tried the MP route (in my case useless, many people on this forum know much more than some of the MP's staff) the helpline (multiple times and got a different answer every time - more frustration) and even the Minister's office directly (probably the most unhelpful/useless of all). :mad:

Thankfully my written letter was received and dealt with correctly (finally) by CPC-M. All of this took 5 months to resolve their mistake. And even when they corrected their hard copy file, I still had to send another correction via the web form after I linked my application online. Mercifully that was responded to fairly quickly because they could cross reference back to the written letter they had on file. This is what worked for me. You can wait for the GCMS notes if you want in case they will shed any light on the situation. If they are helpful by all means include/reference them. If they are not helpful then proceed without them. Hope this might be helpful! Or at the very least possibly encouraging. ;)
Thank you for your reply.
I still have no idea what route I'm going to take..

ahsan512

Aug 31, 2016
Sialkot, Pakistan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
Doc's Request.
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
26-09-2017
Med's Request
21-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
My file was received to CIC Mississauga on 22nd March 2017. Sponsorship Approval on 21st April 2017. Medical Submitted on 27th April 2017. Supplementary Travel Form submitted on 25th May 2017. PCC upfront. On ECAS it is still saying APPLICATION received. My file is still in Mississauga. Can anybody help me, why my file is still in Mississauga even everything is provided and when it will transferred to London Visa Office?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
My file was received to CIC Mississauga on 22nd March 2017. Sponsorship Approval on 21st April 2017. Medical Submitted on 27th April 2017. Supplementary Travel Form submitted on 25th May 2017. PCC upfront. On ECAS it is still saying APPLICATION received. My file is still in Mississauga. Can anybody help me, why my file is still in Mississauga even everything is provided and when it will transferred to London Visa Office?
Hey. Yeah I'm in a similar mess. Check out my signature and post your timeline and issue there.
Still hoping someone on the forums can tell me something

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
It seems that this is happening to almost every US citizen who applied in the new year. That can't be a coincidence can it?

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
It seems that this is happening to almost every US citizen who applied in the new year. That can't be a coincidence can it?
I am not a US applicant, but fully agree that this is unusual trend indeed.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I don't think every American applicant. I think mine was only sent back to Mississauga to get approved for eligibility

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi all.

Thank you,
-Mason
I didn't have the same problem as you. However, when I ordered my notes, I discovered that my app was stalled in processing at the VO because in multiple pages at the beginning of March, it stated that RCMP fingerprints were requested. However, no request was ever emailed to us. I sent the VO an email stating this and in 5 days, they sent a letter requesting the RCMP fingerprint certificate.

Had I not sent the email. I am sure our app would be stuck much like yours. I have lost faith that in the competency of IO's who process our apps, so I will keep ordering notes and being proactive as you are being to try and keep the process moving forward. I also think these problems are arising because they are trying to do new things with the processing of apps like starting reviews in Canada first but then there is no set procedure to make the transition smooth at the VO. Maybe what comes with it are mistakes such as yours and mine with apps not being transferred properly or reviews not being followed up with.

I am also going to contact my MP tomorrow to talk to them about our app.. In my opinion, if I were you, I would go to the MP .... it can't hurt and might even help.

I hope you can resolve your problem as soon as possible. I feel for you and those who are at the mercy of human error and/or incompetency involved in this process.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: CdnandTrini

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I didn't have the same problem as you. However, when I ordered my notes, I discovered that my app was stalled in processing at the VO because in multiple pages at the beginning of March, it stated that RCMP fingerprints were requested. However, no request was ever emailed to us. I sent the VO an email stating this and in 5 days, they sent a letter requesting the RCMP fingerprint certificate.

Had I not sent the email. I am sure our app would be stuck much like yours. I have lost faith that in the competency of IO's who process our apps, so I will keep ordering notes and being proactive as you are being to try and keep the process moving forward. I am also going to contact my MP tomorrow to talk to them about our app.. In my opinion, if I were you, I would go to the MP .... it can't hurt and might even help.

I hope you can resolve your problem as soon as possible. I feel for you and those who are at the mercy of human error and/or incompetency involved in this process.

Good luck!
Thank you. I should be getting some notes this week that I ordered almost a month ago.
Did you email Mississauga? Or Ottawa?
Apparently Mississauga doesn't have an email. I was told to physically write them s letter.
Which I might do...
I'm going to call my MP tomorrow and discuss the issues with him/ his office.
This isn't normal.

Reactions: majesty