Apr 18, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there
I am stuck in india and my work permit is going to expire next march ,does anyone know when the flights might resume operation and also if I should worry about extension. As I am waiting to alply for oinp

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi,
I am also outside canada, on work permit and working from home. My work permit will expire in june and and my PR is approved but I didn't land yet. Can I still continue work even after once my work permit expires? If not then please let me know best solution for my situation.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Hard to say when they lift conditions. The opening of economy and immigration will be done in phases. Restrictions wont be lifted all at once. But it seems its slowly starting to turn around now.
Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am also outside canada, on work permit and working from home. My work permit will expire in june and and my PR is approved but I didn't land yet. Can I still continue work even after once my work permit expires? If not then please let me know best solution for my situation.
Yes you can continue working but your employer will need to change you to an employee living abroad.

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
Yes you can continue working but your employer will need to change you to an employee living abroad.
Thanks for the response. But once it will change as an employee living abroad then will it affect taxes or anything else? What do I have to take care of as may be I will land in 2-3 weeks after work-permit expires and I will be permanent residence since then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response. But once it will change as an employee living abroad then will it affect taxes or anything else? What do I have to take care of as may be I will land in 2-3 weeks after work-permit expires and I will be permanent residence since then.
Yes it will affect many things. You will need to speak to your employer and see if they are willing to change how they pay you to an contractor living abroad.

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
Yes it will affect many things. You will need to speak to your employer and see if they are willing to change how they pay you to an contractor living abroad.
What about applying for BOWP?
(FYI, right now I am on PGWP)