+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in choosing NOC code!!

Kwakby

Oct 15, 2016
I am a struggling in deciding what NOC code should I use for my job, everything else is ready. Please suggest who should I contact in this regard, or how should I approach this.

I have a bachelor and a masters in petroleum engineering, and currently work as a research associate in the petroleum engineering department of a university.

Can't should choose 4012 (Post-secondary teaching and research assistants), because I don't work toward a degree while working there. I am also not sure if I should choose 2145 (Petroleum engineers), because most of my work is simulations and experimental work to increase oil production and recovery, so not as practical as described in the duties of that NOC code (close enough though?).

Thank you...

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
I am a struggling in deciding what NOC code should I use for my job, everything else is ready. Please suggest who should I contact in this regard, or how should I approach this.

I have a bachelor and a masters in petroleum engineering, and currently work as a research associate in the petroleum engineering department of a university.

Can't should choose 4012 (Post-secondary teaching and research assistants), because I don't work toward a degree while working there. I am also not sure if I should choose 2145 (Petroleum engineers), because most of my work is simulations and experimental work to increase oil production and recovery, so not as practical as described in the duties of that NOC code (close enough though?).

Thank you...
You dont have to match the duties exactly. if 80% of your duties you do match the description in the NOC code, you can choose it. You will always have some difference in the duties u do to the ones listed.

you can also send an email to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca and see if they can help.

One more option you have is an online service called docveri.com. you need to pay them but their services are good. Im apprehensive of suggesting this though, as someone in this forum accused me to be their marketing agent.

Nishant.

Reactions: Kwakby

Kwakby

Oct 15, 2016
You dont have to match the duties exactly. if 80% of your duties you do match the description in the NOC code, you can choose it. You will always have some difference in the duties u do to the ones listed.

you can also send an email to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca and see if they can help.

One more option you have is an online service called docveri.com. you need to pay them but their services are good. Im apprehensive of suggesting this though, as someone in this forum accused me to be their marketing agent.

Nishant.
Thanks Nishant