+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in Background verification (AOR - Dec, 2022)

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
Okay, thank you
Is it better idea to visit MP office to discuss about the situation ?. Right now process time is 4 months as per IRCC website for CEC express entry. For our case its almost 6 months, no update
What is the status of your eligibility ?
I heard MP's office wouldn't be able to help with security. But in your case, they might be able to help with eligibility.

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
No idea. I never tried contacting MP since I know that security is kind of the no-entry zone (it's all redacted in the notes). But I would think the delay (beyond IRCC's processing time) would be a legit reason.

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
No idea. I never tried contacting MP since I know that security is kind of the no-entry zone (it's all redacted in the notes). But I would think the delay (beyond IRCC's processing time) would be a legit reason.
My understanding is that CSIS is invulnerable to mandamus lawsuits, but suing CBSA is possible. Likewise, I suppose a sufficiently powerful and engaged MP can pressure CBSA but not CSIS.

sagarmakkar1991

Jan 9, 2019
Yes, I ordered CBSA notes on Apr 15, and received it on May 13. It mentioned that security was yet to start, there was no mentions of VITs, and no officer was assigned. But on May 10 the IRCC tracker had an update saying security was in progress (Not sure if it is done by CSIS or CBSA, or whether it is comprehensive). So I suspect the CBSA notes were out of date.
Hey, did you receive any ADR asking for CV, student form, schedule A etc. before being put under security screening