+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in a tricky situation after ITA

salman_ali94

May 26, 2018
I hope you are at the best of your health.

My initial CRS was 465. I changed some changes in my profile just before the last draw and my score came down to 440.

I received the ITA shortly after making the changes but the ITA message, which is in the form of pdf in the express entry profile, it states 465. However, my profile login says 440 and the information which I had changed is also locked and transmitted.

So, should I upload documents supporting 440 or 465 whiling filling post-ITA form?

Summary: Received ITA letter with 465 points and profile is locked with 440 points.

Kindly reply.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I hope you are at the best of your health.

My initial CRS was 465. I changed some changes in my profile just before the last draw and my score came down to 440.

I received the ITA shortly after making the changes but the ITA message, which is in the form of pdf in the express entry profile, it states 465. However, my profile login says 440 and the information which I had changed is also locked and transmitted.

So, should I upload documents supporting 440 or 465 whiling filling post-ITA form?

Summary: Received ITA letter with 465 points and profile is locked with 440 points.

Kindly reply.
It will be difficult for anyone to advice you unless you clear up what 'some changes' were exactly?

salman_ali94

May 26, 2018
It will be difficult for anyone to advice you unless you clear up what 'some changes' were exactly?
Changed 3 years of experience to 1 year on different date.
From what I understood, I received the updated crs score in my profile right away but they issued ITA on previous score.
I received the ita about an hour after i updated my profile.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
From what I understood, I received the updated crs score in my profile right away but they issued ITA on previous score.
If your score is less than the minimum CRS cut off score your application will be rejected. So what was the cut off score for your ITA round?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
IMHO, since you are above the draw score, you don't need to worry about any adverse effects on the application in either case but if I were you, I'd play it safe by uploading the 465 score supporting documents. It would help if you can attach LOE listing this dilemma so they can also judge your app accordingly. Hopefully, forum seniors will also advice you.

salman_ali94

May 26, 2018
IMHO, since you are above the draw score, you don't need to worry about any adverse effects on the application in either case but if I were you, I'd play it safe by uploading the 465 score supporting documents. It would help if you can attach LOE listing this dilemma so they can also judge your app accordingly. Hopefully, forum seniors will also advice you.
So i should simply upload 4 years pf experience documents?? Or should I add that removed 3 years of experience to personal history ??

salman_ali94

May 26, 2018
If your score is less than the minimum CRS cut off score your application will be rejected. So what was the cut off score for your ITA round?
The cutoff was 439.... Profile is locked at 440 and I received ita with my old score of 465.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
So i should simply upload 4 years pf experience documents?? Or should I add that removed 3 years of experience to personal history ??
It's always good to keep things simple. I'm not sure why you complicated your case by updating your experience on draw date. Anyhow, in your position, I would rather supply more information than leave out something.

salman_ali94

May 26, 2018
It's always good to keep things simple. I'm not sure why you complicated your case by updating your experience on draw date. Anyhow, in your position, I would rather supply more information than leave out something.
Yes I know I mad a silly mistake which I am regretting till to date.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
:eek::eek:.... Given your score, you really played with fire there on a draw that had a historical low cut-off. I don't see it happening again any time soon.
I don't understand... If you had documents supporting a score of 465, why did you change your work experience?...
You received ITA for that score, and that's what supporting documents need to show. Although it may be brought down by agent to 440, as you changed your profile. Thankfully, you remain above cut-off whatever the case.
I hope your supporting documents and NOC selection for that 1-year of experience is spot on man!

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Although his score is above minimum cutoff for CRS round, he still has to make sure his MEC score doesnt go below 67.

salman_ali94

May 26, 2018
:eek::eek:.... Given your score, you really played with fire there on a draw that had a historical low cut-off. I don't see it happening again any time soon.
I don't understand... If you had documents supporting a score of 465, why did you change your work experience?...
You received ITA for that score, and that's what supporting documents need to show. Although it may be brought down by agent to 440, as you changed your profile. Thankfully, you remain above cut-off whatever the case.
I hope your supporting documents and NOC selection for that 1-year of experience is spot on man!
Actually it was my agent who told me that the process would be fast if you went for 1-year rather than more. I am really disappointed with him. Should I just revoke everything and start fresh with a new profile and make it my self and let the agent go ??? would it raise any suspicion??

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Their software systems won't be this robust to track changes in profile in tandem with the CRS draws.

Ideally, one should not make any changes between the draw declaration and receipt of ITA.

The best you should do now is to show reference letters aligned to 465 points. This is a situation where more is better than less.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Actually it was my agent who told me that the process would be fast if you went for 1-year rather than more. I am really disappointed with him. Should I just revoke everything and start fresh with a new profile and make it my self and let the agent go ??? would it raise any suspicion??
So just to be clear. You did have all the necessary documentation for 3 years, and your agent told you to make it just 1-year??...
My god. The amount of ridiculous advice they give to their clients is beyond my understanding... There is absolutely not a single shred of evidence to support the idea that anyone who has 1 year of experience will get processed faster than someone who has 3 years. He obviously cannot be trusted, and honestly I do not trust a single agent.

With 440, you are above the cut-off. But if there is a single point reduction when they review your application, it's going to jeopardise your application. It's the score they will evaluate because that's what you have in your EE profile now.

What you can do, to avoid any confusion and keep your process clean, I would personally decline ITA, update EE profile to 3 years, and wait for next draw. Ditch your agent. You don't need him, and all the information is available online. Remember, they have plenty of cases to process, and they simply don't care or know you enough to pay attention to small details that can make or break your application.

You had all your documentation ready and up to standards I believe. You didn't need to change anything.

Reactions: ibtee and tobs