+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck at Eligibility "Review Required"

razi3388

Jun 19, 2022
Hi
Applied for a work permit (LMIA Exempt) 6 months back. Supposed to be 2 weeks of processing as the application was GSS but months passed. Ordered GCMS notes and found two things.

1. Right at the start officer sent my application from Canada to UAE posting the reason " Client is overseas, not eligible for in Canada processing". Whereas the first condition of the GSS application is that client is overseas. This reason is beyond my understanding. How can they send the application outside Canada? Sent webforms but no reply.

2. In GMCS notes, eligibility is being shown as "Review required". However, in the notes section, no reason is mentioned for this review required. No detailed notes in GCMS.

So what do you suggest? Should I send my job experience letter, and pay stubs, again with new details or keep on waiting? Is Review Required a bad thing? I do not know what the first officer noted to flag the "review required" so what can be done? Some mentioned on these forums that they uploaded documents again and got the response. I am not sure. Any advice, please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Applied for a work permit (LMIA Exempt) 6 months back. Supposed to be 2 weeks of processing as the application was GSS but months passed. Ordered GCMS notes and found two things.

1. Right at the start officer sent my application from Canada to UAE posting the reason " Client is overseas, not eligible for in Canada processing". Whereas the first condition of the GSS application is that client is overseas. This reason is beyond my understanding. How can they send the application outside Canada? Sent webforms but no reply.

2. In GMCS notes, eligibility is being shown as "Review required". However, in the notes section, no reason is mentioned for this review required. No detailed notes in GCMS.

So what do you suggest? Should I send my job experience letter, and pay stubs, again with new details or keep on waiting? Is Review Required a bad thing? I do not know what the first officer noted to flag the "review required" so what can be done? Some mentioned on these forums that they uploaded documents again and got the response. I am not sure. Any advice, please?
1. Where are you living right now? What is your NOC? What does your company say since I assume it is an ICT.
2. All this means is that your eligibility review hasn’t started. This doesn’t mean you need to resend documents. You can if you want. All applicants have to undergo eligibility review so there is nothing wrong. It is not flagged.

Last edited:

razi3388

Jun 19, 2022
1. Where are you living right now? What is your NOC? What does your company say since I assume it is an ICT.
2. All this means is that your eligibility review hasn’t started. This doesn’t mean you need to resend documents. You can if you want. All applicants have to undergo an eligibility review so there is nothing wrong. It is not flagged.
Hi there.. Thank you for your reply. Appreciate that. My NOC is 3114 and it is not ICT. Applied under AIPP as an outlander. I based my judgment on online resources which says "at the first stage if there are concerns with a document or the case analyst or the program assistant wants the officer to have a careful review into a specific document then they will flag it with the message "Review Required".

More than 6 months have passed and the last activity as per GCMS was on February 2022.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there.. Thank you for your reply. Appreciate that. My NOC is 3114 and it is not ICT. Applied under AIPP as an outlander. I based my judgment on online resources which says "at the first stage if there are concerns with a document or the case analyst or the program assistant wants the officer to have a careful review into a specific document then they will flag it with the message "Review Required".

More than 6 months have passed and the last activity as per GCMS was on February 2022.
So you were nominated through AIPP, applied for PR and applied for work permit. If through AIPP then you are not being processed through GSS unless your employer filed for LMIA exempt permit and was approved for that stream. Did you apply from the UAE? If so processing times are around 62 weeks so you are well within times.

Last edited:

razi3388

Jun 19, 2022
So you were nominated through AIPP, applied for PR and applied for work permit. If through AIPP then you are not being processed through GSS unless your employer filed for LMIA exempt permit and was approved for that stream. Did you apply from the UAE? If so processing times are around 62 weeks so you are well within times.
Hi ....Thank you again for your reply. Appreciate that. Yes, my employer filed for an LMIA exempt permit..... fulfilled all conditions of the GSS application.... but somehow the application was transferred from Canada to UAE with the comments "Client is overseas, not eligible for in Canada processing, file transferred to mission (UAE)"....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ....Thank you again for your reply. Appreciate that. Yes, my employer filed for an LMIA exempt permit..... fulfilled all conditions of the GSS application.... but somehow the application was transferred from Canada to UAE with the comments "Client is overseas, not eligible for in Canada processing, file transferred to mission (UAE)"....
But why would be processed in Canada, if you are not in Canada? Your file has yet to be reviewed for eligibility. When did you submit your PR application through AIPP?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi

I think you mistook the term in Canada processing, it means if you are applying from within Canada, if you are outside Canada then also it will be processed but it will be by different department than ones processed from inside Canada applicants. Hope it helps.

razi3388

Jun 19, 2022
Applied for PR on 11 JAN, 2022 - returned as an incomplete application on March 4, 2022. Submitted on the same day, got AOR a few days back. You are right, I may took it the wrong way that my WP application being GSS would be processed in Canada within 2-weeks. It is just the frustration that it has gone way too long without any movement in the file. Stuck at Eligibility "Review required", criminality passed, Info sharing in progress. Thank you for your inputs.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Applied for PR on 11 JAN, 2022 - returned as an incomplete application on March 4, 2022. Submitted on the same day, got AOR a few days back. You are right, I may took it the wrong way that my WP application being GSS would be processed in Canada within 2-weeks. It is just the frustration that it has gone way too long without any movement in the file. Stuck at Eligibility "Review required", criminality passed, Info sharing in progress. Thank you for your inputs.
Don't worry it keeps like that for a while, you are almost there.