+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Struggling to choose NOC

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Hi all,
I have Bachelor and Master's degree in Architecture. I have been working on a position of an Architect for the past three years. However when I compare duties for NOC 2151: Architect, NOC 2251: Architectural technologists and technicians, and NOC 2253: Drafting technologists and technicians I get confused. Some of the listed duties are very similar and I see people had same confusion before but I do not see the answer to this. I do get that 2251 and 2253 are more of a draftperson level and do not require university degree. However my duties included some of their duties as well because Architect tend to do everything from conceptual design to drafting drawings.
Does anybody have some experience with this?

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
Hi all,
I have Bachelor and Master's degree in Architecture. I have been working on a position of an Architect for the past three years. However when I compare duties for NOC 2151: Architect, NOC 2251: Architectural technologists and technicians, and NOC 2253: Drafting technologists and technicians I get confused. Some of the listed duties are very similar and I see people had same confusion before but I do not see the answer to this. I do get that 2251 and 2253 are more of a draftperson level and do not require university degree. However my duties included some of their duties as well because Architect tend to do everything from conceptual design to drafting drawings.
Does anybody have some experience with this?
Hey DraganaDO! Did you manage to figure out which NOC code to go ahead with? I am in a similar dilemma. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Hey DraganaDO! Did you manage to figure out which NOC code to go ahead with? I am in a similar dilemma. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!
I went with 2151 Architect. Didn't get any response to this beforehand but figured with Uni diploma that should be it. They should be aware that junior architect doesnt lead a project making crucial design decisions and negotiating with a client especially if working in big consultancies.

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
I went with 2151 Architect. Didn't get any response to this beforehand but figured with Uni diploma that should be it. They should be aware that junior architect doesnt lead a project making crucial design decisions and negotiating with a client especially if working in big consultancies.
Hey DraganaDo, thanks for the response! I am thinking about taking the safer route and goin with 2251, since I didnt bother to acquire my license during this time or register with the council of architects in my country. Since 2251 requires much lower qualifications, do you see it effecting my express entry or overall points in anyway?