+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stripped down to underwear for medical exam?

helohelo

Mar 18, 2013
Hi all, this is a bit weird but i just had my medical exam today. Here's my experience... i arrived at the medical clinic and filled out some forms, took urine sample, and then was led into a room where the old lady (im male ) told me to stripped down to my boxer. I was like what the heck nobody every mentioned this me before. but i still did after the old lady left. when i was sitting on the chair in my underwear only that old lady opened the door again and told me to lie down on that table. so i did and a bit later a doctor (male) walked in and measured my blood pressure, listened to my heart beat and my back, asked me to read something on the wall and said i was ok to leave. so i left and took the x-ray from another office.

anyway what i was concerned was, at absolutely no point in today's exam i felt it was necessary to stripped down. the blood pressure, heart beat and eye sight did not require me to be naked at all. so what was the point of taking all my clothes off? did anybody else have the same experience?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
I guess your medical results would have reached CIC within 10 mins after the tests.
Now this is what you call 'special treatment' ;)
Lol....

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmail04 said:
seems ok. at least they didn't give you a unnecessary prostate exam. :p
:)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@ helohelo, I can't think of a reason you would have been asked to strip down to boxers. I know they check knee reflexes and palpate the abdomen. Perhaps it was not possible to do this with your pants on(if they were not loose enough to be lifted above your knee)? Good thing is a male was present in the room and you were not assaulted.

Perhaps the lesson for all of us is to ask questions when we feel uncomfortable and not just go along with things.

helohelo

Mar 18, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
@ helohelo, I can't think of a reason you would have been asked to strip down to boxers. I know they check knee reflexes and palpate the abdomen. Perhaps it was not possible to do this with your pants on(if they were not loose enough to be lifted above your knee)? Good thing is a male was present in the room and you were not assaulted.

Perhaps the lesson for all of us is to ask questions when we feel uncomfortable and not just go along with things.
well they didn't do any of that the doctor didn't even check anywhere below my waist so im not sure if getting my pants off were necessary.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
Haven't done my medicals for CEC yet, but my doctor has me strip down for my yearly medicals. It allows them to check your skin for any signs of conditions.

helohelo

Mar 18, 2013
ok sounds like it's a normal thing. anyway to whoever's about to get a medial exam, be prepared to get stripped down to your shorts!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Just do as your mother says and put on clean underwear. LOL. Relax. You have nearly reached your goal by the time you are at this point. Having said that so flippantly, I want to emphasize that I do not condone inappropriate, disrespectful behaviour - don't get me wrong. In a situation like this, where this medical has so much riding on it, it is imperative that the health professional be just that, professional. Good luck and stay healthy.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You should read the IME instructions to the DMPs that are hidden away on the CIC web site...
There are a lot of things that they *could* have done to you. Count yourself lucky. ;D

jj_rana

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
14-08-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
This was just to check if you had any kind or surgery. My DMP asked me if I had any. Despite of saying none, he pulled up my shirt and checked stomach chest and back for any sign. This is usual and could have been worse if they thought a surgery on private parts is a risk ;)

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Oh u were stripped cos they want to see the brand of boxers you were wearing.
If you wear jockey, hanes etc your PR will be given to you in 10 months
If you wear Calvin Klein, Gucci your PR comes in 8 months
If you wear YSL, Lacoste then the process is 5 months ..
so maybe that's y.
Y don't u tell everyone here what bran you were wearing so accordingly we can wear the same when we go for the medicals :p :p

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Frankly, I'd be surprised if they didn't. A doctor can learn a lot by just looking at your body and your skin keeps a good history of certain past medical conditions.