+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strike Action, really those officer stopping processing?

yotaguy

Apr 22, 2013
Hello all,
I have visited the cic website last night to see any update for processing time on Manila office. It turned to find out they have strike action now that it says many of officers walked out office now, so that way processing time would take longer. :eek:

Did anybody know when this action started? Or anybody has any idea how long this will be last? I just noticed it last night June 15 and hope it sort it out quick and get them back on the track.

LailaDulos

May 8, 2013
yotaguy said:
Hello all,
I have visited the cic website last night to see any update for processing time on Manila office. It turned to find out they have strike action now that it says many of officers walked out office now, so that way processing time would take longer. :eek:

Did anybody know when this action started? Or anybody has any idea how long this will be last? I just noticed it last night June 15 and hope it sort it out quick and get them back on the track.
if you are applying for temporary or permanent resident, you are not affected.

Hanazan

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
KAWIT, CAVITE
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
6641-FCA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 07,2013
Doc's Request.
JANUARY 11,2013
Med's Request
FEB.23,2013
Med's Done....
FEB.28,2013
VISA ISSUED...
MALAPIT NA...;)
LANDED..........
IN GOD'S PLAN...
I'm applying for working permit, is it affected in strike out in canada?

aadi

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
my MP Rep just confirmed that every application will be affected!!!!! :mad: :(

Nahush

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Ages ago
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
Anyone knows how long this strike could last?

mbassamh

Jun 18, 2013
Hello all,

I am in the process to submit my study permit application in the canadian visa office in Lebanon. I heard about the strike action taken by CIC members, so I am wondering if any one knows if the applications in the visa office in Lebanon are also affected by this action???? please let me know if any one has any information.
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Nahush said:
Anyone knows how long this strike could last?
Until one side or the other decides that it has to give in. I heard that plans as in place for action as far ahead as September.
So, who can say...

laksmisesh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
10-07-2013
IELTS Request
CLB 7
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
"June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation."

looks like there vl be an indefinite delay for all the categories!!!! bad time!!!

Seniors- please give your suggestions here, has this happened earlier, what is the expected time delay??

sjack0602

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013 (Received July 23)
LANDED..........
11-08-2013
saw the announcement too. i'm getting more anxious about it. my application just changed to "in process" after 9 months from "application received". they already asked for my passport, sent it last may 13. and until now my passport is still with them.

anybody here who is on the same situation??? :'(

LailaDulos

May 8, 2013
sjack0602 said:
saw the announcement too. i'm getting more anxious about it. my application just changed to "in process" after 9 months from "application received". they already asked for my passport, sent it last may 13. and until now my passport is still with them.

anybody here who is on the same situation??? :'(
may I know where is your visa office?

sjack0602

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013 (Received July 23)
LANDED..........
11-08-2013

quietdom

Jun 20, 2013
Davao City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With App
Unionized foreign services officers are returning to the negotiating table on Monday, June 3, following a request from the Treasury Board Secretariat, according to the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO).

“Targeted withdrawals” of service will continue until the contents of the Treasury Board’s offer are known, the union said, but it plans to unilaterally suspend all withdrawals on May 31 as “a demonstration of goodwill and to foster a positive environment for talks” with the Treasury Board.

PAFSO members have withdrawn services this week in three international locations, and three geadquarters divisions at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.

The affected missions and work units are: Manila, Cairo, Canada's Permanent Mission to the Organization of Amercian States in Washington, D.C., and the International Economic Relations & Summits Division, North America Policy & Relations Division, and Hemispheric Affairs Division in Ottawa.

In addition, all remaining PAFSO members are engaged in the eighth week of a work-to-rule campaign at headquarters and posts abroad.

The union has a strike mandate from its members, as 82 per cent voted in favour of job action after contract talks broke down on Jan. 31. It has been in a legal strike position since April 2.

PAFSO claims its members are paid between $3,000 and $14,000 less than counterparts in comparable occupational groups. It is seeking wage increases to allow them to catch up with other federal government professionals such as economists, commerce officers and lawyers.

This stinks. I guess we all just have to wait. Tutal papahintayin nalang man din tayo, eh di let's be patient nalang! wala tayong magawa dito!hehehe

Hanazan

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
KAWIT, CAVITE
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
6641-FCA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 07,2013
Doc's Request.
JANUARY 11,2013
Med's Request
FEB.23,2013
Med's Done....
FEB.28,2013
VISA ISSUED...
MALAPIT NA...;)
LANDED..........
IN GOD'S PLAN...
Unionized foreign services officers are returning to the negotiating table on Monday, June 3, following a request from the Treasury Board Secretariat, according to the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO).

“Targeted withdrawals” of service will continue until the contents of the Treasury Board's offer are known, the union said, but it plans to unilaterally suspend all withdrawals on May 31 as “a demonstration of goodwill and to foster a positive environment for talks” with the Treasury Board.

PAFSO members have withdrawn services this week in three international locations, and three geadquarters divisions at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.

The affected missions and work units are: Manila, Cairo, Canada's Permanent Mission to the Organization of Amercian States in Washington, D.C., and the International Economic Relations & Summits Division, North America Policy & Relations Division, and Hemispheric Affairs Division in Ottawa.

In addition, all remaining PAFSO members are engaged in the eighth week of a work-to-rule campaign at headquarters and posts abroad.

The union has a strike mandate from its members, as 82 per cent voted in favour of job action after contract talks broke down on Jan. 31. It has been in a legal strike position since April 2.

PAFSO claims its members are paid between $3,000 and $14,000 less than counterparts in comparable occupational groups. It is seeking wage increases to allow them to catch up with other federal government professionals such as economists, commerce officers and lawyers.

San mo to nabasa?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...