+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STRIKE ACTION IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES

MATHEKES

Jul 1, 2009
Dear All,

l have an issue on this education thing.l am a graduate from a University in Nigeria and am expected to submit my applications to CIO before 1st of october.The big problem is that all Nigerian universities are on strike,which makes it very difficult for me to get my transcript.What should l do? Can l submit the application without the transcript. l have a Certificate from the university.

Please advise

Best regards

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I will do:
Submit everything including the Certificate. Write a cover letter explaining the situation, explain that to meet and abide to the time limit, in view of the present situation, you have no other choice but to submit all other docs. Include in the letter, that should the situation change in the next weeks or months, a transcript will be forwarded to them ASAP.

Make sure however, that you have enough proof of your education (apart from the Transcript) Degree, School fees receipt etc etc.

Good luck.

don_c

Nov 20, 2008
Does the strike include Non-academic staff? If not, you will still be able to apply for your transcript.

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
I think for CIO , you dont need to attach any document. At second stage when you will be asked to submitt full application and will have 120 days to submit full application, then i think strike will be over.

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
I strongly agree with don_c, ASUU is on strike in nigeria, not NASUU.
Non-academic staff deal with transcript and stuff, CHC are familiar with this so will not take that as an excuse for not submitting
your transcript. If I were you, I would try my best possible and get a letter from the school if they are unable to issue your transcript.
I got my transcript from LAUTECH, ogbomoso when ASUU was on strike....no problems. I also got my Masters degree transcript from U.I, Ibadan when ASUU was on strike. Transcripts has nothing to do with ASUU.
Good luck

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
vamsi001 said:
I strongly agree with don_c, ASUU is on strike in nigeria, not NASUU.
Non-academic staff deal with transcript and stuff, CHC are familiar with this so will not take that as an excuse for not submitting
your transcript. If I were you, I would try my best possible and get a letter from the school if they are unable to issue your transcript.
I got my transcript from LAUTECH, ogbomoso when ASUU was on strike....no problems. I also got my Masters degree transcript from U.I, Ibadan when ASUU was on strike. Transcripts has nothing to do with ASUU.
Good luck
Are you aware that NASUU and SSANU have joined the strike? When did you collect these transcripts? During this present strike? Before NASUU and SSANU joined or after?

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jada is right,ASUU,NASU and SSANU are ALL on strike,and u must also realise dat it depends on d uni like in my case my husband(who is d principal app) got his transcript from ekpoma while he cudn't get his transcript for his masters from unilag n i also cudn't get mine from my uni as well,n our deadline is d end of sept.what i wud also advise is write a cover letter and attach newspaper clips abt d strike n add other things to show u finished d prog like NYSC cert.and leave d rest to God there r a lot of ppl too in d same situation

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isn't one's certificate enough proof of attendance, considering the situation you guys are reporting?

supporting with other documents should be fine.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
in my case,i had a transcript requested for another body,explained the situation to them and i know they will understand.if you have any docs to show u attended the school,think it's cool