+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Storing home furniture for new home

sydneyblack

Jan 17, 2021
Hey all, My wife and I decided to move back to Vancouver after two long years of discussion. The only thing which is holding us back is where we could store our furniture and other valuables until the new place is ready to settle in. We have been discussing whether to rent or buy a storage unit, but we don't know if there are any restrictions of COVID-19 which persist during this time. Could someone help and advise me on this?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you make a visit to Vancouver to buy or rent a home first and then to arrange shipment of your furniture and valuables to the new home. This way no need to rent or buy a storage unit.

Reactions: sydneyblack

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Where are you moving from? East coast to west coast? I hear toronto storage spaces are cheaper than Vancouver's.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where are you moving from? East coast to west coast? I hear toronto storage spaces are cheaper than Vancouver's.
Somewhere in between might be even cheaper (such as Calgary), but would you consider?

sydneyblack

Jan 17, 2021
I am moving from the east to west and I did look upon the storage available units but it was a little over my head in terms of expenses. I researched upon a couple of storage units up north and came across a website but I am new to this and need would really appreciate it if someone could help and advise me on this?

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
It maybe cheaper to sell off and buy new stuff in Vancouver.
specially if your employer is paying relocation expenses.

Thomas T

Oct 19, 2020
Yeah, as far as your issue is concerned, you only require access to the storage unit for a limited period of time, and in a city like Vancouver, there are many sorts of storage units accessible. So choosing an apt one in the new palace requires some care; the only thing you can depend on is the reviews and rating of google about the storage unit service and security. If you're interested, you may also look into the storage unit that I've been utilizing for business purposes.
Thanks!

welbycutter

Apr 4, 2022
From my experience, the cheaper thing to do in your situation is to buy new furniture. Yes, you can transfer a couple of the old furniture, but mostly sell your old furniture and buy new furniture here, in Vancouver. Here is the site where I usually purchase various furniture, including good garden furniture examples: https://www.gardenfurniture.co.uk. If you will plan to buy some at this site, send me a private message. I have some free delivery coupons, so they will help you shorten your expenses.

begdov

Jul 1, 2022
I want to give my friend quality bar stools, he recently made repairs in his apartment and bought new furniture, but the bar stools have not bought yet. The bar counter is made of dark wood.

begdov

Jul 1, 2022
I'm thinking of buying chairs in the same color. You know, the style of his apartment reminds me a little of industrial style. Maybe someone bought furniture in this style, where can I see it?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all, sorry for bumping an old thread but it's relevant to my query so asking here.

I'm currently in search of some reliable storage unit options here in Edmonton and I thought this forum might be a great place to get some recommendations and insights.

I find myself in need of some extra space to store a few items that I can't accommodate at my place anymore. It could be anything from household items to some personal belongings. I've heard that there are several storage facilities in Edmonton, but I'm not sure which ones are the best in terms of affordability, security, and convenience.

If any of you have had any experience with storage units in Edmonton, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice you might have. What storage companies have you used and were you satisfied with their services? What are the key factors to consider when selecting a storage unit? Are there any areas or facilities I should avoid?
Reading google reviews might help.

Reactions: YVR123

ChadGregory

Nov 15, 2023
I understand this is an older thread, but the topic of storing furniture during a move is timeless. Moving back to Vancouver sounds like an exciting plan, but I get that finding storage for your belongings can be a challenge. I was actually curious about how things worked out for you, as it's a relevant topic.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I understand this is an older thread, but the topic of storing furniture during a move is timeless. Moving back to Vancouver sounds like an exciting plan, but I get that finding storage for your belongings can be a challenge. I was actually curious about how things worked out for you, as it's a relevant topic.
I got this