+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

still waiting to hear from immigration

sivarsan

Jul 29, 2021
HI all. I applied for outland spousal sponsorship in march 2020. My wife has since arrived to canada as a visitor and we are living together with my wife on visitor visa. I have yet get my sponsor approval, I received nothing from immigration. When contacted MP, immigration apparently told him I need to withdraw my outland sponsorship and apply inland, if not nothing will change. When I contacte immigration they are saying my waiting time is normal. I am so confused, I get different information. Its frustrating. Can some one help me please? Do I have to withdraw my outland application and apply for inland? What do I do? I feel like our lives are on hold.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
HI all. I applied for outland spousal sponsorship in march 2020. My wife has since arrived to canada as a visitor and we are living together with my wife on visitor visa. I have yet get my sponsor approval, I received nothing from immigration. When contacted MP, immigration apparently told him I need to withdraw my outland sponsorship and apply inland, if not nothing will change. When I contacte immigration they are saying my waiting time is normal. I am so confused, I get different information. Its frustrating. Can some one help me please? Do I have to withdraw my outland application and apply for inland? What do I do? I feel like our lives are on hold.
Just try to order GCMS note, it will tell you more about your application. Have you got you UCI number?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Many things to consider.
It may have been beneficial to maintain your outland sponsorship while you patiently wait. Since your wife has a visitor visa she can travel to visit within the guidelines and surely you can do the same. When you contacted IRCC, they may not be aware of any changes to your application until you make that change and the MP can only inquire and pass on the information.

Now that you have chosen a different path, the benefit is you are together, so be prepared to have your lives on hold a little longer.

Reactions: Pryncess99

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No need to refile as inland especially since your application has been in process for so long. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes in order to see what is going on with your application. Did you update your application when your wife entered Canada?

sivarsan

Jul 29, 2021
No need to refile as inland especially since your application has been in process for so long. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes in order to see what is going on with your application. Did you update your application when your wife entered Canada?
I sent a webfor stating my wife is in canada. Even changed her address to our Canadian address.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I sent a webfor stating my wife is in canada. Even changed her address to our Canadian address.
GCMS notes is the best option to see what stage the application is at. Your processing time is not unusual especially since you applied right as covid hit.

Reactions: YVR123