+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still waiting on you on citizenship test

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Me and my hubby took exams on the same day. The status in his citizenship test is 'completed' after a week while mine is still 'waiting on you'. Though I think I finished the test in a normal way (like no technical issues), I am worried that my whole test activity was not submitted and would look like I didnt took the test.

Question: Should I email cic edmonton to follow up for it? Or should i just wait?March 25 will be the last day of my test and if confirmed that there is a problem, then that means, i missed the exam?? :(

Please help. Thank you so much!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Me and my hubby took exams on the same day. The status in his citizenship test is 'completed' after a week while mine is still 'waiting on you'. Though I think I finished the test in a normal way (like no technical issues), I am worried that my whole test activity was not submitted and would look like I didnt took the test.

Question: Should I email cic edmonton to follow up for it? Or should i just wait?March 25 will be the last day of my test and if confirmed that there is a problem, then that means, i missed the exam?? :(

Please help. Thank you so much!
Did you get email right after the test saying you passed the test with the score ** ?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Nope. The unofficial score will be shown right after you submitted all your answers in the exam. (If that is what you are asking about).
You're supposed to get an email right after passing the test.

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
It is not automatic. I did not receive any official e-mail notification after completion of test either. I was worried, asked many friends around. Finally after3 weeks my status got updated to Completed in the tracker. I think it's very normal to not have update at the same time as your husband. you'll have to wait.

Reactions: ms.eheads

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
It is not automatic. I did not receive any official e-mail notification after completion of test either. I was worried, asked many friends around. Finally after3 weeks my status got updated to Completed in the tracker. I think it's very normal to not have update at the same time as your husband. you'll have to wait.
Ok, im hoping so. Im a bit paranoid lol. Thank you!

Ok, im hoping so. Im a bit paranoid lol. Thank you!
Hey. How did the story conclude? :) Did you get an update on the tracker finally?

(Asking since I too have 'Waiting on you' since the past 3 days since I took the test)

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hey. How did the story conclude? :) Did you get an update on the tracker finally?

(Asking since I too have 'Waiting on you' since the past 3 days since I took the test)

Sorry, i forgot to update. I actually emailed the cic edmonton ofc. And 2 days after I emailed, the status of the citizenship test changed from in progress to completed. Im not sure if the email I've sent made an impact or just coincidence that somebody from the immigration has the time to check my test finally. Im concluding that even 2 or more persons took the exam the same day, the results of completion varies.

Yours will eventually come, dont worry. :)

Reactions: 8494193

Sorry, i forgot to update. I actually emailed the cic edmonton ofc. And 2 days after I emailed, the status of the citizenship test changed from in progress to completed. Im not sure if the email I've sent made an impact or just coincidence that somebody from the immigration has the time to check my test finally. Im concluding that even 2 or more persons took the exam the same day, the results of completion varies.

Yours will eventually come, dont worry. :)
Thank you so much for sharing that! This is helpful as I try to be patient, lol :D

singhedson

Jun 21, 2016
My test completed on March 21 2022 then they ask FP and on June 22 background check is completed. Any idea wen can I receive oath ceremony? Please share experience thank you