+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still waiting in the pool while the PGWP is going to expire soon

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Folks,

My current CRS point is 472 and I am still waiting in the pool. My PGWP is going to expire on January 8 2017.

Are there anybody in the same situation as I am? Any suggestions or guidance are highly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might have to go back to your home country and wait for the pool... Like for real

Mine expires in June next year, and my score is only 430. My lawyer told me to be prepared to go back...

Like even you get OOPNP right after its opened at the end of the year, you still don't have enough time to apply and process

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Trying to explore this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=185&top=17

And wondering if I can get an extension on my work permit...

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Itsmee said:

However, this link makes me feel that pgwp doesn't get extended

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=676&top=29

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itsmee said:
However, this link makes me feel that pgwp doesn't get extended

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=676&top=29
No PGWP does not get extended, re-applied or renewed in any way.

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Jcgo9355 said:
You can go back to school and work part time while waiting for PR
Thanks Jcgo9355

Yeah, it is a solution for now.
I don't know if we can get the Off-campus work permit while back in the school.

Oh my Lord, this whole thing makes me so exhausted...

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Itsmee said:

Even trying to get an LMIA is incredibly difficult. By the time you get your LMIA, your PGWP will have already expired.
You have to air mail your application for extending PGWP NOT online. That will take moer than 3 months easily.

Anybody knows the restoration or Implied Status and how these things work?

Jcgo9355

Nov 10, 2014
I don't think you will need an off-campus work permit, the newer study permit allows you to work off-campus while studying full-time.

The only difficulty is acquiring your employer's permission to do so because of the indefinite nature of the special arrangement. (Also the insanely expensive tuition)

Hope1982 said:
Thanks Jcgo9355

Yeah, it is a solution for now.
I don't know if we can get the Off-campus work permit while back in the school.

Oh my Lord, this whole thing makes me so exhausted...

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Jcgo9355 said:
I don't think you will need an off-campus work permit, the newer study permit allows you to work off-campus while studying full-time.

The only difficulty is acquiring your employer's permission to do so because of the indefinite nature of the special arrangement. (Also the insanely expensive tuition)
What is your situation bro?

Let's say. You get an ITA but your PGWP expires within a week. What could you possibly do?

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hope1982 said:
What is your situation bro?

Let's say. You get an ITA but your PGWP expires within a week. What could you possibly do?
you can apply for a visitors visa of 6 months. Meanwhile submit your file and get an AOR. Then you can apply for a bridge work permit later.

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
sk6492 said:
you can apply for a visitors visa of 6 months. Meanwhile submit your file and get an AOR. Then you can apply for a bridge work permit later.
How long does it usually take for visitor visa to be processed?

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hope1982 said:
How long does it usually take for visitor visa to be processed?
as per their site, it takes 1-2 weeks.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

better you apply in january near your PGWP visa's expiration date. That way you can buy some more time.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Just typing what happened with me:

Both PGWP's expired may 2016 (me n girlfriend). Girlfriend had decent job starting from 2014 till 2016 may however she have to quit because
PGWP expired though she was given contract till 2017 :(
I had a the same decent job till 2014 october as we made a decision to move AB in search of some permanent job in order to apply for AINP . The same month i got noc B job n just took it as no other option was left to apply for PNP. Since then every moment was a struggle as they introduced EE. Our score is 427 from 2015 Jan and still is the same. Several attempts of IELTS but no progress. Finally the day came 2016 May and we have returned back to India. Have gone crazy like hell to do everything to stay back. Had a lawyer , had a permanent job, had money
but nothing helped. Going back to school was a joke and not doable in our case. In the mean time several emails to John MaC and Justin Tru. However i got reply from them , as the changes will be made in fall ! So ALL I CAN DO IS WAIT & PRAY !
In addition to this we have to face everyone back home with discouragement and devastation, nobody understand's what all pain we went thrugh, every minute someone will discourage us here or make fun of both of us as we choose Canada to migrate 5 years ago. Regardless of all those comments and words we both stand together with courage and hope to stand together with all of you as united !
"Nobody on earth should face this level of torture " this is what iam feeling exactly at the moment