+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still waiting for AOR1 since April; Visitor extension (record) since July :(

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Uh-oh spaghetti-ohs. This has been quite the journey, as you all know, and as much as 'patience is a virtue', we can't help but worry. My husband's Outland PR app was submitted (FEB), returned (MARCH) and then re-submitted (APR) and we have not received anything except for tracking acknowledgment that the parcel was received. With his visitor status expiring in August, we submitted an application for his Visitor Record early July. We still have not received anything from IRCC. So we wait and assume that he has implied status because his flight back to his homeland was cancelled back when COVID hit so he is still in Canada with me. His passport is expiring in February 2021 and the German embassy(s) in Canada show no appointments available for passport renewals. Now what?! We certainly know what being in limbo feels like!! Does my husband have implied status? What happens when his visitor record is approved but the 6 months we requested is already expired? What happens when his passport expires while he is in Canada? We are afraid if he has to leave Canada he may not be allowed back in because COVID lockdowns are going crazy over in Europe and Canada's COVID curve is spiking. :( :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Uh-oh spaghetti-ohs. This has been quite the journey, as you all know, and as much as 'patience is a virtue', we can't help but worry. My husband's Outland PR app was submitted (FEB), returned (MARCH) and then re-submitted (APR) and we have not received anything except for tracking acknowledgment that the parcel was received. With his visitor status expiring in August, we submitted an application for his Visitor Record early July. We still have not received anything from IRCC. So we wait and assume that he has implied status because his flight back to his homeland was cancelled back when COVID hit so he is still in Canada with me. His passport is expiring in February 2021 and the German embassy(s) in Canada show no appointments available for passport renewals. Now what?! We certainly know what being in limbo feels like!! Does my husband have implied status? What happens when his visitor record is approved but the 6 months we requested is already expired? What happens when his passport expires while he is in Canada? We are afraid if he has to leave Canada he may not be allowed back in because COVID lockdowns are going crazy over in Europe and Canada's COVID curve is spiking. :( :(
He has implied status until a decision is made in the visitor record application. Assuming he is approved, the extension will be from the time he gets his approval not from the time you originally submitted the application (i.e. if they give him six months it will be from the time you receive the approval).

He should continue to try to secure an appointment to renew his passport. Is there a way to do it by mail?

Reactions: D&S

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
He has implied status until a decision is made in the visitor record application. Assuming he is approved, the extension will be from the time he gets his approval not from the time you originally submitted the application (i.e. if they give him six months it will be from the time you receive the approval).

He should continue to try to secure an appointment to renew his passport. Is there a way to do it by mail?
Thanks for the reassurance...and good news, he received his biometrics request for his PR application today. We still have to suss out the passport renewal (no, he can't do it through the mail unfortunately it would take too long)....so we are trying to get through to the German Embassy in Vancouver. If not, he may have to fly to Toronto, which is not ideal (or even allowed) during COVID.