+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still possible to go from Canada to USA (H1B) after PR card is cut (oath)?

irnovo

Dec 17, 2015
I am in a really tricky situation. I am working in USA on H1B. I'll be driving to Canada for Citizenship oath ceremony. During the ceremony, the PR card with be cut to 2/4 pieces. Can I still drive back to USA with a cut PR card? I am asking because, in my experience, at border usually we have to show PR card as well. Really need some help here to understand if we can cross border without showing the PR card or by explaining to them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in a really tricky situation. I am working in USA on H1B. I'll be driving to Canada for Citizenship oath ceremony. During the ceremony, the PR card with be cut to 2/4 pieces. Can I still drive back to USA with a cut PR card? I am asking because, in my experience, at border usually we have to show PR card as well. Really need some help here to understand if we can cross border without showing the PR card or by explaining to them.
PR card is only shown when entering Canada not the US.

Reactions: YVR123 and irnovo

Arjen1980

Dec 5, 2015
Might want to consider you will need your Canadian PP to get back into Canada. So either get it here before you go back to the US or you will need to get it in the US before you come back.

AK