Interview........
Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
My wife and daughter landed at end of May but we had to leave again because my work contract wasn't over yet. So, we currently reside outside of Canada but wanting to return to Canada now for good. Problem is, still no PR Card for my wife. My daughter received hers within 45 days of landing. It's now been almost 100 days for my wife's. I contacted CIC with a case-specific query but only received the following generic response via email (with a do not reply message):

If your application was sent to the Case Processing Centre - Permanent Resident Card, in Sydney, Nova Scotia, and we have no record of your application, you must:

Mail a photocopy of the original application or a new application to the address in the Instruction Guide, including:
the copy of your receipt;
new photos and IMM 5455;
all necessary supporting documents;
an explanation letter with the initial mailing date

Problem is, CBSA were the ones who sent the application for the PR Card when we landed so obviously we don't have the original documents, photos, etc. What explanation do I give? That CIC are idiots and can't tell me if they lost my wife's PR card so I'm applying for a new one just to be sure? And I have to pay again for their mistake??

Secondly, I tried calling CIC but I wasn't able to get through, presumably because I'm located outside of Canada? I asked my family back home to call but they were put on hold for too long and gave up.

So how they hell am I supposed to get this PR Card so we can book a flight home??

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
etienbjel said:
My wife and daughter landed at end of May but we had to leave again because my work contract wasn't over yet. So, we currently reside outside of Canada but wanting to return to Canada now for good. Problem is, still no PR Card for my wife. My daughter received hers within 45 days of landing. It's now been almost 100 days for my wife's. I contacted CIC with a case-specific query but only received the following generic response via email (with a do not reply message):

If your application was sent to the Case Processing Centre - Permanent Resident Card, in Sydney, Nova Scotia, and we have no record of your application, you must:

Mail a photocopy of the original application or a new application to the address in the Instruction Guide, including:
the copy of your receipt;
new photos and IMM 5455;
all necessary supporting documents;
an explanation letter with the initial mailing date

Problem is, CBSA were the ones who sent the application for the PR Card when we landed so obviously we don't have the original documents, photos, etc. What explanation do I give? That CIC are idiots and can't tell me if they lost my wife's PR card so I'm applying for a new one just to be sure? And I have to pay again for their mistake??

Secondly, I tried calling CIC but I wasn't able to get through, presumably because I'm located outside of Canada? I asked my family back home to call but they were put on hold for too long and gave up.

So how they hell am I supposed to get this PR Card so we can book a flight home??
I know that when I call the IRCC from within Canada, sometimes I only get to hear the message on the phone, then it tells me they cannot transfer me to an agent because of call volume. I have had success with calling just after noon Eastern Time (12-2pm time frame). I do still have to wait during that window (up to 15 minutes), but I generally turn the volume up on my phone and put it down so I can keep working. You are trying 001-888-242-2100 ?

Also, did you try to reach CBSA to ask them where they sent the request to? Maybe they can at least tell you where it went.

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Yes that's the number I'm trying. Both from landline and a skype account. From dialing outside Canada i get the automated message on both: "call cannot be completed as dialed"

My bro and sis tell me they get connected but are put on hold. They tried at different times but I think 10am and lunch-ish time. I can only ask them nicely to try again...

Good idea on calling CBSA. Since my daughter got her PR Card I assumed both applications were received by CIC. Maybe that's not the case then.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
etienbjel said:
Yes that's the number I'm trying. Both from landline and a skype account. From dialing outside Canada i get the automated message on both: "call cannot be completed as dialed"

My bro and sis tell me they get connected but are put on hold. They tried at different times but I think 10am and lunch-ish time. I can only ask them nicely to try again...

Good idea on calling CBSA. Since my daughter got her PR Card I assumed both applications were received by CIC. Maybe that's not the case then.
Yeah, when I call, I get their recorded menu, where I can get information. CBSA might work, or you could try the Canadian High Commission / Embassy for help.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
etienbjel said:

You basically need to call at 8am est sharp to get through

Why don't you apply for a PRTD?

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
ImABule said:
Why don't you apply for a PRTD?
lol pride. Having to pay another $50 for CBSA/CIC/CP's mistake.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
One thing about your family phoning is that if you do not have them listed as your representative, they will not release any information to them! I phoned about my husbands card this morning ( landed May 26) because he hasn't received it, got through fine but even as his sponsor and wife, they would not give out any info.

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Tun701 said:
One thing about your family phoning is that if you do not have them listed as your representative, they will not release any information to them! I phoned about my husbands card this morning ( landed May 26) because he hasn't received it, got through fine but even as his sponsor and wife, they would not give out any info.
You landed 5 days after us. What was their reason for taking so long on the PR Card? Did they give you an indication of when you'll receive it?

edit: never mind. I saw your other post - it was because of the photo sizes. Both my daughter and wife went to the same photographer. Same as you, we checked the photos against the new guidelines. My daughter got her PR Card fine. My wife, however... I'm reeeeeally giving CIC the benefit of the doubt here that they didn't make a mistake...