+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still no one knows what skipping IP1 means?..

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I also got ghost update last Friday!! I called CIC and I figured that it must have been my eligibility which is now passed. She said only some security checks are still in progress. May be your situation is the same.
Your ghost update can also be a PPR request. But unfortunately mine wasn't. When I called they said "your background is half way done", dont know what that means.

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
Your ghost update can also be a PPR request. But unfortunately mine wasn't. When I called they said "your background is half way done", dont know what that means.
As I understand, the background check has not two or three, but a decent number of different checks. Mine also wasn't a PPR request, cause they said that some security checks are still in progress. What I got from browsing the forum, average wait time from ghost update to PPR ranges from one day to one month being the longest.
There were a couple of people who have waited for several months from the first ghost update, but i guess is when they fall under security screening.

Anyways, I really think that your ghost update also means passing eligibility.