+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still Confused Applying Outside of Canada when living in Canada??

mitchb86

May 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2013
AOR Received.
14/08/2013
Med's Done....
09/07/2013
Passport Req..
31/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2013
LANDED..........
27-11-2013
So i am an Australian living and working in Canada common law partner is trying to sponsor me. Working out which is the best way to apply. Either through Sydney as this is where i am from. Reading the processing times its a little Confusing.

Person being sponsored LIVES in Canada. Step 1 — Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored in Canada says 6 months. Then 8 months for step 2. — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored.

Then living outside of Canada. Step 1. the assessment of sponsor is 29 days. Step 2. Assessment of person being sponsored is 10 months through Sydney office.

If i am applying Outland what combination would it possibly be if im living in Canada but applying from Outside.

I still dont get it??

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
mitchb86 said:
So i am an Australian living and working in Canada common law partner is trying to sponsor me. Working out which is the best way to apply. Either through Sydney as this is where i am from. Reading the processing times its a little Confusing.

Person being sponsored LIVES in Canada. Step 1 — Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored in Canada says 6 months. Then 8 months for step 2. — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored.

Then living outside of Canada. Step 1. the assessment of sponsor is 29 days. Step 2. Assessment of person being sponsored is 10 months through Sydney office.

If i am applying Outland what combination would it possibly be if im living in Canada but applying from Outside.

I still dont get it??
G'day mate!! (love your country...was there when I was 12 and wish to go back there again someday ;))

In a nutshell, these are the differences between inland vs. outland:

Inland:

* You'd send your application to a city called Vegreville, in the province of Alberta
* If rejected (rare for visa exempt people like you), there's no chance to appeal
* During processing, you're not allowed to leave Canada

Outland:

* You'd send the application to Mississauga, and once your common law partner has been approved to sponsor you, the Mississauga office will forward your paperwork to Sydney, Aussie
* If rejected, you can appeal

Just to clarify: you CAN apply outland (i.e.: through Sydney) even while you're staying in Canada. Just make sure in IMM 0008 (page 1 of 5), question 4 "Immigration office requested for processing this application", you put "Sydney".

These are inland forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

and these are outland forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Hope that helps ;)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mitchb86 said:

I still dont get it??
1. Pretty straight forward, you either apply in Canada if you want or you apply overseas with Sydney as the processing office.
2. If you apply as an "out Canada" your residence address is Australia, and your mailing address is Canada.
3. If you apply as "in Canada" your sponsor doesn't have appeal rights, and if apply "Out of Canada" and there is an interview, it will be in Sydney.

mitchb86

May 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2013
AOR Received.
14/08/2013
Med's Done....
09/07/2013
Passport Req..
31/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2013
LANDED..........
27-11-2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. Pretty straight forward, you either apply in Canada if you want or you apply overseas with Sydney as the processing office.
2. If you apply as an "out Canada" your residence address is Australia, and your mailing address is Canada.
3. If you apply as "in Canada" your sponsor doesn't have appeal rights, and if apply "Out of Canada" and there is an interview, it will be in Sydney.
I have not lived in Australia for 4 years so why would i put my residence address as Australia??? Can i not still put my Canadian address in there?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mitchb86 said:
I have not lived in Australia for 4 years so why would i put my residence address as Australia??? Can i not still put my Canadian address in there?
yes you can put your residence address in Canada