+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still confused about the PCC requirement

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Good day guys,
After reading several great posts here, still confused about the PCC requirement in my case!

My case is as follows:
1)Before my first landing in Canada (Soft landing), I was working as an Expat in the Arabian Gulf (outside my country of origin)
2)First landing in Canada and official PR start date 7th of August 2018
3)Returned to Arabian Gulf to continue my role until 3rd of July 2019
4)Visited my family before permanently moving to Canada between 3rd of July 2019 and 31st of July 2019
5)Moved permanently to Canada on 31st of July 2019 (i.e I did not even count days in Canada towards citizenship, before that day)
6) I want to apply for my citizenship by 7th of January 2023

Now during the 4 years immediately before 7th of January 2023,I have spent around 178 Days as an expat in the Arabian Gulf and around 28 Days in a vacation(in my country of origin) after finishing my role in the Arabian Gulf and before moving permanently to Canada !Hence, within the 4 years immediately before applying for Citizenship I was outside Canada for more than 205 days but in two countries (Country of work as an expat, and country of origin),but I did not spend more than178 days by any means in any of them ...do I still require PCC?

Note: Of course, I originally /previously supplied PCC for both countries as part of my PR process, so will it help to include these in my citizenship application just as an additional reference, or this will complicate the process with no real benefit?

Bregards
MEB

wink

May 25, 2021
Good day guys,
After reading several great posts here, still confused about the PCC requirement in my case!

My case is as follows:
1)Before my first landing in Canada (Soft landing), I was working as an Expat in the Arabian Gulf (outside my country of origin)
2)First landing in Canada and official PR start date 7th of August 2018
3)Returned to Arabian Gulf to continue my role until 3rd of July 2019
4)Visited my family before permanently moving to Canada between 3rd of July 2019 and 31st of July 2019
5)Moved permanently to Canada on 31st of July 2019 (i.e I did not even count days in Canada towards citizenship, before that day)
6) I want to apply for my citizenship by 7th of January 2023

Now during the 4 years immediately before 7th of January 2023,I have spent around 178 Days as an expat in the Arabian Gulf and around 28 Days in a vacation(in my country of origin) after finishing my role in the Arabian Gulf and before moving permanently to Canada !Hence, within the 4 years immediately before applying for Citizenship I was outside Canada for more than 205 days but in two countries (Country of work as an expat, and country of origin),but I did not spend more than178 days by any means in any of them ...do I still require PCC?

Note: Of course, I originally /previously supplied PCC for both countries as part of my PR process, so will it help to include these in my citizenship application just as an additional reference, or this will complicate the process with no real benefit?

Bregards
MEB
Maybe this example is more relevant to your case:

-----------------
Example 5

In the past 4 years, you took 1 trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.
------------------

Specifically this line: The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row.

Reactions: snoopyta

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Maybe this example is more relevant to your case:

-----------------
Example 5

In the past 4 years, you took 1 trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.
------------------

Specifically this line: The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row.
Thanks for your valuable response!

The main 2 things that do confuse me:
1)The time spent outside Canada was totally between the country that I was working in for years and almost 183 days and my home country (within these specific 4 years)
2)The two countries were not really considered trips while for example having an address in Canada! They were my country of residence (or origin by definition) and my real home country in which I am a passport holder for. Which make both the 178 days and the days spent in home country very unique.

However, I guess technically as long as I did not stay in any country outside Canada for 183+ days in row, I neither have to provide a PCC (even if it's just few days difference) nor do I have to mention anything in the associated details table....