+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step to do after submitting the application

sam1981

Apr 22, 2013
Hi Seniors

i have submitted my application a week ago. just wanted to know a couple of things.

1. Will i get any intimation from the CIC that they have received my application.
2. What will be the mode of communication from now onwards.
3. If i have to send the CIC any other documents now , how can i send them ( i dont have any ref # )

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
sam1981 said:
Hi Seniors

i have submitted my application a week ago. just wanted to know a couple of things.

1. Will i get any intimation from the CIC that they have received my application. - Not until you receive the AOR email.
2. What will be the mode of communication from now onwards. - If you specified an email address in your application CIC will communicate via email.
3. If i have to send the CIC any other documents now , how can i send them ( i dont have any ref # ) - Wait till you receive the file number (AOR) including PCC.
See the answers in red.

Chicco

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Hi sam1981,

asters pretty much answered all your questions, i just want to add to Q3, they will specify to you if they just need a scanned document which can be sent through email or if they want original docs which will be sent through courier.

Good Luck!

sam1981

Apr 22, 2013
Chicco said:
Hi sam1981,

asters pretty much answered all your questions, i just want to add to Q3, they will specify to you if they just need a scanned document which can be sent through email or if they want original docs which will be sent through courier.

Good Luck!

Actually my spouse IELTS result is awaiting which i want to submit later on to strengthen up my case. I still got 69 points but with IELTS i will go to 74. i did mentioned that fact in my cover letter that i will submit the result later. So now it means that i have to wait till AOR.

By the way can you please give me some info about AOR

Chicco

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
AOR will be an email stating that they have received your application and it will include your file number and UCI number which you can use to check your application status and which you will use for your communication with CIC.

Let me just clarify, you are the principal applicant but your wife is the one who has taken the IELTS? If this is so i don't think they will accept the results of your wife's IELTS, it has to be your results.

sam1981

Apr 22, 2013
Chicco said:
AOR will be an email stating that they have received your application and it will include your file number and UCI number which you can use to check your application status and which you will use for your communication with CIC.

Let me just clarify, you are the principal applicant but your wife is the one who has taken the IELTS? If this is so i don't think they will accept the results of your wife's IELTS, it has to be your
I am the prinicipal applicant and i have submitted my result but i am also putting my spouse IELTS to get additional 5 points.