+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

step by step procedure to start a small business

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Dear Members,

I am looking forward to start a small business in Canada although I am yet to decide what Cheesy

I would like to know the step by step procedure to start and run the business. I would appreciate if members of this forum share their knowledge, good links-urls, their personal experience. Looking some great posts from Qorax and PMM.

And of course, any business ideas and networking business partners is highly appreciated.

thanks all.
Pompi

SuperNanay

May 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
July 2009
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
May 2011
Is it true that you have to be a Canadian before you could open a business in Canada? or otherwise, have a Investors Visa?

May 13, 2011
Hi Pompi,

The first step we recommend is looking at your budget. I work at a company called The Business Exchange. It's is a magazine that connects buyers and sellers of established businesses for sale, franchises for sale and business opportunities. The second step I recommend is to pick up a magazine like ours, or with business classifieds and get an idea of what kind of business you want.

We do have a free business buyers guide on our website as well, that will definately help you. And if you're interested in buying or selling your business we have the best listings in ON & BC. Often we do webinars and seminars at our Business Expos to inform, educate and answer any questions people have as well. Contact us if you have any further questions, and best of luck on your search.

Hope this helps!

Puneet
Social Media Marketing Coordinator
The Business Exchange
Tel:416-657-4111
Twitter: @businessexchang

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
pompi said:
Dear Members,

I am looking forward to start a small business in Canada although I am yet to decide what Cheesy

I would like to know the step by step procedure to start and run the business. I would appreciate if members of this forum share their knowledge, good links-urls, their personal experience. Looking some great posts from Qorax and PMM.

And of course, any business ideas and networking business partners is highly appreciated.

thanks all.
Pompi
Did you ever decide on a Cheesy? ;D

I am also looking to start a new business when we move to Canada. Well, I'll be continueing the business I have, but it will be like a new business.

I will start a new thread when I progress further, and let you know how it's going.

jay82

Jun 6, 2012
Decide on a business
Register the business
Get a license
Register for good's tax
Register for provisional sales tax
Get relevant business insurance
Market your products
Keep maintaining and improving:)

cyberbobsa

May 19, 2012
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dave
If i may ask what kind of business are you planning to establish.
Are you looking for partners.
I m here for almost 5 years and now planning to setup something of my own in retail distribution.

Thanks

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
cyberbobsa said:
Dave
If i may ask what kind of business are you planning to establish.
Are you looking for partners.
I m here for almost 5 years and now planning to setup something of my own in retail distribution.

Thanks
Hi.

I have a small online car artwork business. I do custom work, but I think the big money is in generic wholesale items, like mugs and T-shirts.

Here's an example..

mesonkoemu

Jun 20, 2012
Do you think about e-commerce?It is much simpler.
1, you need to build one of their own site, or apply for a B2B platform.
2, you need to know about the express.
3,You need to make sure the goods your should sale online.
4, you need to know a number of promotional channels.
you can refer to lj-fashionhouse.com

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
mesonkoemu said:
Do you think about e-commerce?It is much simpler.
1, you need to build one of their own site, or apply for a B2B platform.
2, you need to know about the express.
3,You need to make sure the goods your should sale online.
4, you need to know a number of promotional channels.
you can refer to lj-fashionhouse.com
I already have an established website, but I am building a new one using Zencart.

I prefer to do my own manufacturing, as it's relatively easy and profits are MUCh higher.

jay82

Jun 6, 2012
once you develop your website, you must also market it.Else its useless unless you dont reach out and grab your clients. For this, you must make social networking profiles on Facebook, linkedIn and twitter, etc. And try to become popular enough so that your website ranks high up in the search results. its wil ensure greater traffic to your business and help increase sales:)

ONR0111

May 10, 2012
jay82 said:
once you develop your website, you must also market it.Else its useless unless you dont reach out and grab your clients. For this, you must make social networking profiles on Facebook, linkedIn and twitter, etc. And try to become popular enough so that your website ranks high up in the search results. its wil ensure greater traffic to your business and help increase sales:)
Hi guys

I have gone through your discussion and found it very interesting and informative.

I am also planning to move to Edmonton in August. I have been dealing in trading of consumer goods and therefore was planning to start e-commerce business in Canada. I think I would be required to stock the goods. Does anyone have any idea of warehousing cost + other costs involved in e-commerce business in case one is selling garments, bed sheets, shoes etc

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
One thing I would look into is POSTAGE COSTS in Canada. From what I've researched, it's VERY high to send parcels even locally.

gotu

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-12
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Attached with the file
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
19-10-12
Interview........
Successfully held in HK for CSQ
Passport Req..
09-10-12, submit on 19-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-13
LANDED..........
Soon on 6-5-13.
Hi dear friends, I'm planning to move Canada in 2013 august.

I have my own shop for service & repairs of all mobile hand set at my place but it's not really worth
Because we are two brothers in same business,

Is it possible to start a small shop for service and repairs of all mobile hand sets in Canada?

Even I don't know what type of cell phone Market going on in canada, ??what will be the investment??
Pls do advise if possible,
Truly thanks..