+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STEP BY STEP POST-ITA PROCESS

#EEC

May 19, 2019
For spouse, how to show her employment details in the PR application form?

If we show correctly including work history for spouse, it asks to upload employment letters.

We are not planning to claim any points for her.
Me in same boat.. .Did u submitted ur application. . I have 18 days left n only document left is spouse work letter. . Can u share ur experience

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Can I continue to work for my current employer after receiving ITA even if my pgwp would expire in a couple of months?

Drishtigupta31

Oct 29, 2019
POST ITA PROCESS

For those who are waiting for ITA, check the following and prepare the necessary documents.

After you receive ITA, once you log in to your Express Entry profile, you will have two buttons
- Continue Application
- Decline Invitation

Note: You will have 90 days to submit your PR application electronically with all supporting documents. 90 days start from the day you get ITA, if you feel that you will not be able to arrange all the documents in 90 days, you can decline the ITA anytime before the expiry of 60 days and you will be back in the pool. In case you decline your ITA, then you will be eligible to be invited again provided you meet the CRS cut-off requirement.

Once you click Continue Application, you will be taken to pages similar to your Express Entry forms that you filled up. This page would have all the information carried forward from your Express Entry profile and additionally you also need to fill up Address History, Personal History and Travel History for each member listed in the application.

DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

Post completion of each section, the system would generate a personal document checklist based on the information submitted by you in the previous pages. A sample document checklist for a family of two (FSW) without any Canadian relatives would look like something below.

Supporting Documents for Primary Applicant
Details Document Name Instructions Options
Not Provided Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Marriage License/Certificate (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Proof of medical exam (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Employment Records 1 (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Employment Records 2 (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Employment Records 3 (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Digital photo (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Letter of Explanation (optional) instructions Upload file

Supporting Documents for Spouse
Details Document Name Instructions Options
Not Provided Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Proof of medical exam (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Digital photo (required) instructions Upload file

FEE PAYMENT

Once you have uploaded the documents, you have the option to make payment and submit your eAPR. Post ITA after clicking Continue, you will be asked whether you want to pay RPRF upfront, in case you have mentioned Yes and later want to modify it, you can do so by going to Modify Family Information which you can find in the menu bar.

Permanent Resident Application Fee: CAD 550 per applicant
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF): CAD 490 per applicant

You can make payment using credit card and debit cards provided international transactions are allowed on your card. Contact your bank to check the same. MasterCard, Visa and Amex cards are accepted. Ensure that your bank has not put any transaction limit, contact your bank before using your card for payment. In case you do not have suffcient balance or credit limit, you can use your family member's or friend's card as CIC has no restriction on the same.

You will get Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) immediately after you make the payment.

THINGS TO NOTE

Police Certificate - If you already have nomination do not wait for ITA, apply for police certificate soon. For countries that you have already left, in case you do not have the police certificate, initiate the process for the same as well as some countries take time to issue you a police certificate.

Medicals - CIC has a list of empaneled clinics/hospitals where you need to get medical tests done. Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx. The following basic tests and checks are carried out (If you have had any or have any medical conditions, you need to let them know and also carry any medical records that you have)
1. Blood
2. Urine
3. Chest X-Ray
4. Eye Sight
5. Blood Pressure
6. Height/Weight
7. Physical examination by physician

You will not be given the results of the tests, the clinic will upload it directly to CIC. You will be given an Acknowledgement Form which you need to upload as proof of medical exam. Please ensure all the information on the Acknowledgment Form is correct as per passport and that the category on your medicals is mentioned as Non-EDE/Worker. If you find any discrepancy, get it corrected then and there itself and get an updated Acknowledgement Form.

Digital Photo - The final frame size of the photo should be at least 35mm x 45mm. The photograph must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm. The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. The final size of the image should not be less than 60KB. The file should be submitted in JPEG format.

Reference Letter - For previous employers, the letter obtained after you have left is good enough, unless and until you want to get a fresh letter or want to get the letter updated. For current employer as a rule of the thumb, get a fresh letter if the previous one which you got is older than 6 months. For other questions related to reference letter check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

ECA, IELTS - There is no separate placeholder for IELTS and WES. So you can upload IELTS and WES along with educational documents.

Proof of Funds (POF) - Get latest and updated POF. Ensure you cover as much as information requested by CIC in the Bank Letter/Bank Certificate.

Letter of Explanation(LOE) - Though this is an optional document, please use it to your advantage to explain anything you feel the officer should know or consider while assessing your application.

Provincial Nominees(PNP) - If you are a provincial nominee would suggest you to submit copy of nominaton certificate and Schedule 4 (IMM0008_4E) upfront along with LOE. Though these are not asked for when submitting eAPR, later you will be requested to submit Schedule 4.

Statutory Questions - In case you answer 'Yes' to any Statutory Questions, then explain the reason for the same in LOE and also submit Schedule A (IMM5669E) along with LOE. Though Schedule A is not asked for when submitting eAPR, later you will be requested to submit Schedule A.

Document Size & File Format - All documents should be uploaded as PDF not more than 4MB, except for digital photo which should be in JPEG format and not less than 60KB. For each placeholder, it should be one PDF. If you have multiple pages, merge them into one PDF for each placeholder. If the file size exceeds 4MB, scan the documents with scanner settings at 100 dpi or less but ensure that the files are legible. You can also use online tools like Small PDF to compress, merge and split PDFs etc (https://smallpdf.com/).

Help/Instructions - If you have any doubt about the documents that needs to be uploaded, check the help, blue button (Instructions) next to the Upload File button

Link to Generic Document Checklist - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

COLLECTED
Hey thanks for the information.

But how long does it take to get pr after submitting the pr application

Reactions: Teepee85 and jayken

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello, I will receive ITA on December 2019. The thing is I have applied as single person in the EE profile initially but as it turned out I will be married around the time I get PR. How do I add my spouse's details in the application in the middle of visa processing? Does my spouse also have take IELTS and WES reports too?

Kenochie

Dec 18, 2019
Hello All, my spouse got ITA last week and part of the documents required is for me the supporting applicant to provide work experience letter. Now if i understand correctly my spouse (principal applicant) did not gain any point for my (supporting applicant) work experience. In this light can she delete all my work experience under work history and only leave it for personal history? Please do assist as am having issues getting reference letter from my current employer

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello All, my spouse got ITA last week and part of the documents required is for me the supporting applicant to provide work experience letter. Now if i understand correctly my spouse (principal applicant) did not gain any point for my (supporting applicant) work experience. In this light can she delete all my work experience under work history and only leave it for personal history? Please do assist as am having issues getting reference letter from my current employer
Correct. Mention NO to Spouse's work experience and mention in personal history section.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi my employer applied for work permit for me and we got it stamped on Dec 15th. In my work permit my education is listed as bachelors, however now I am applying for Express entry and I added my masters as well (With WES ECA number) . My masters was completed in Aug this year and WES Evaluation done on November 1st. WP was applied with only bachelors as the degree on Nov 16th. Please advise if this would create any issues. Reason I did not update Masters in my work permit was because when I had originally submitted my documents to my employer on October, my WES evaluation was not completed.

Kent.vaan

Nov 29, 2015
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how I should mention the flagpolling for work permit at the US-Canada border? Should I include it in the Travel History as a trip to the US and state the purpose as "flagpole for work permit"?

Also is flagpole considered an entry denial or is it only an admission withdrawn? Should I answer YES to the Question "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Thx

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hello, I received ITA in the last draw and have a doubt regarding POF. I have shown FD as the proof for my funds. Is it enough if I show the renewed FD receipt or should I get any letter from the bank? If yes, do anyone of you have a specific format that IRCC follows?

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
hello All
I received ITA on 19 dec.I need some help.
Currently i am leaving in Canada and origin country is India
in last 10 years almost 6 times i travel from canada to india
I need to mention these detail in Travel history or not

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
hello All
I received ITA on 19 dec.I need some help.
Currently i am leaving in Canada and origin country is India
in last 10 years almost 6 times i travel from canada to india
I need to mention these detail in Travel history or not
I did include

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi,

I know question related to PCC and Medical may have been asked several times, however, I would really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

I stay in USA and my husband is a primary applicant. From past 3 weeks he is on a business tour in India. Before he left USA, we got the PCC clearance certificate from Indian Consulate and fingerprinting sent to FBI, received the clearance certificate within an hour. Now my doubts are:

1) For Police Certificate in USA : The same FBI letter in black and white ink which can be downloaded needs to be uploaded in the PR application? Am I right ? Somewhere, I read PCC should be scanned in color.

2) For Medical Exam : Can he give his medical exam in India instead of USA ? He wont be coming to US for 2 more weeks and our application submission deadline is nearing.

Any leads on the above question is highly appreciated.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi,

I know question related to PCC and Medical may have been asked several times, however, I would really appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

I stay in USA and my husband is a primary applicant. From past 3 weeks he is on a business tour in India. Before he left USA, we got the PCC clearance certificate from Indian Consulate and fingerprinting sent to FBI, received the clearance certificate within an hour. Now my doubts are:

1) For Police Certificate in USA : The same FBI letter in black and white ink which can be downloaded needs to be uploaded in the PR application? Am I right ? Somewhere, I read PCC should be scanned in color.

2) For Medical Exam : Can he give his medical exam in India instead of USA ? He wont be coming to US for 2 more weeks and our application submission deadline is nearing.

Any leads on the above question is highly appreciated.
1 - i scanned the mail i received but that was the exact same pdf
2. yea if husband is not coming back before aor