+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step-By-Step Messages after Submission of Student Visa Application

Akshay2468

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Account and form filling Yes but SOP done by us. And these steps are of my cousin’s application who got approved recently. Mine is still stuck at waiting for Biometric Letter.
When did you submit your application. i did that yesterday and I haven’t got my instruction letter

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
When did you submit your application. i did that yesterday and I haven’t got my instruction letter
I submitted on 18th Wednesday. This week so many applicants who submitted didn’t get BIL in 48 hours as committed. My cousin whose application is approved in 1 day after biometric, got biometric letter next day of submitting application

Akshay2468

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I submitted on 18th Wednesday. This week so many applicants who submitted didn’t get BIL in 48 hours as committed. My cousin whose application is approved in 1 day after biometric, got biometric letter next day of submitting application
Damn lets see what happens
My agent told me to book an appointment for Tuesday to be on a safer side. I did that hopefully I’ll get the letter before that. Or else I’ll have to cancel the appointment

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Damn lets see what happens
My agent told me to book an appointment for Tuesday to be on a safer side. I did that hopefully I’ll get the letter before that. Or else I’ll have to cancel the appointment
Appointments can be rescheduled several times so don’t worry

Mandeep Nehra

Sep 15, 2019
one more letter comes at gc key after visa stamp,that is required to show at canada airport before exit
Hello,
My application was approved(passport stamped) on 18th September but no further communication in GCkey account about correspondence letter(POE)
Is there anyone with same situation..?

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi all,

This is just an informative list of step-by-step messages which people get in their CIC account after submission of application:

1. Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
2. Submission Confirmation
3. Biometric Collection Letter
4. Correspondence Letter
5. Original Passport Request
6. Last Step: You get POE (Point of Entry) Letter of Instruction in next 7-10 days (may get delayed) in your CIC account login which you need to show to Visa officer at the time of Landing in Canada along with your LOA of college and passport. This will help you in getting Study Permit at the Airport.

Due to technical glitch, order of these steps can change and it's perfectly normal.

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hello,
My application was approved(passport stamped) on 18th September but no further communication in GCkey account about correspondence letter(POE)
Is there anyone with same situation..?
Yes, my cousin got his application approved on 10th sept and passport stamped on 13th Sept and he is still waiting for this POE letter

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Got my Correspondence Letter today which states the obvious and this letter needs to be shown to CBSA officer after landing in Canada. This formally closes my application cycle in India and now action is pending at Canada airport :)

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
As in india processing time is 4 weeks = 28 days so these days include weekends as well like Saturday and Sundays or these 28 days means Monday to Friday only ?

Mandeep Nehra

Sep 15, 2019
Got my Correspondence Letter today which states the obvious and this letter needs to be shown to CBSA officer after landing in Canada. This formally closes my application cycle in India and now action is pending at Canada airport :)
I am still waiting for POE

Mandeep Nehra

Sep 15, 2019
When u are planing to depart from India