+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step 1 approved- Step 2 waiting for response from Visa Office in Singapore!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Step 1 approved- Step 2 waiting for response from Visa Office in Singapore!

Anyone whose application has been sent to Singapore visa office in March 2009 or even before, please share your information.
1- How long would it take for application to be processed in Sing? (already check the website, just want to have a real experience opinion, who has been there and done that)
2- Any successful application?

Cheers,

Nike1702

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
nguyentu2001, was wonder what your file online for Permanent Resident part shows, as mine still shows Not Available. thank you

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
Singapore started processing my application for my spouse in Vietnam on December 22, 2008. I still haven't heard anything, and I'm quite sure my application was complete and accurate.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
What do you mean by complete and accurate.
They look if you had provided enough evidence to see if your marriage is genuine. If you can't convince them they will ask your wife for an interview but if they are satisfied with everything you will get an answer give and take another 2 months.

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
By complete and accurate, I mean that I made sure everything was filled out correctly and all the required documents were attached. I also included over 60 photos of the wedding and trips, phone bills, a binder of MSN messenger chat transcripts, Western Union receipts for money I sent to her, and essentially anything else I thought that could prove our relationship was genuine.

I'm just indicating the time of my submission so nguyentu2001 can get a general idea of Singapore's current processing time. I also expect to get a response in the next few months if everything goes well. :)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubbah,

I suppose you can check your status for your spouse regarding PR application! Is it correct? Do you use the same info to check it as for sponsorship application or you actually use something else to log in Online service on CIC website?

My application has been sent to Singapore office on March 19 so I guess it will take a couple of weeks for the PR process status to appear online. How long did it take you to be able to see PR status online?

Thanks,

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
I check the status of my application through e-CAS, but as many others have alluded to on this forum, e-CAS is pretty useless.

CPC Mississauga approved my application after 3 weeks. They sent me a letter telling me I met the requirements as a sponsor and that my application was being sent to Singapore. I never actually got a letter from Singapore. After a few weeks, I emailed the Singapore office at singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and gave them our information, after which they promptly replied with our immigration file number that we could use to log in online.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so you are saying that the one that you used to check for your sponsorship status would not be working for your spouse permanent residence application status? Is it correct? If so could you send me the link? ( i just want to confirm it)

Thanks,

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
This is what I use to check my online application status:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

It does work. It's just not very helpful. :)

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hello all and particularly nguyentu2001,

My sponsorship was just accepted by the CIC Missaussage and our file has been transferred to the Singapore Office on the 20 March 2009. Did you receive any current timeline for singapore office? My wife is a Thai National and I am vietnamese. I am sure you are vietnamese by your name!! :)

I will keep you updated on any new events.
Best of luck!

cheers,
Jean

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
I forgot to mention.
On ECAS, my Permanent Resident part also show "Not Available".

Cheers,
Jean

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I am Vietnamese.
My file had been sent to Singapore on March 19 and now is being processed starting 31 March.
The status has been changed to In Process.

Keep me posted everyone (especially you Jvhd since we are from the same region and under the same visa office)

Thanks,