+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staying seperate from spouse but not divorced !! Queries related to post ITA process.

sadhuma

Nov 17, 2019
Hi All,
Following is my situation,

1. I'm married and have a 3 yr old kid ,but due to personal issues staying seperate from spouse for an year now.
2.I do not wish to proceed with divorce and it is not possible to provide my spouse docs for profile creation as we are not in terms.
3. In this situation , I was guided by my agent that I shall proceed with profile creation by providing self attested affidavit stating I'm seperated from spouse for an year and mention anytime in future also I will not sponsor my spouse and proceed with married status itself .However , my agent did not advise me to show kid in the profile stating custody issues . Agent told that I shall get kid's sponsorship after gettingy PR.
4. I received ITA and I have 10 days to submit application , at this point I m told that since spouse stayed in Arab countries in last 10 yrs , his passport complete pages ,PCC would be mandatory , hence there are a lot of chances my profile could not pass n get PR. So I'm now asked to decline my ITA and proceed after a month by adding child details in new EE profile.

My doubts ,

1. Shall I proceed with current profile itself , showing child as non accompanying family member and later after getting my pr shall I process hers later ? Is there any problem involved in this ?

2. If I'm not able to provide spouse's document which the officials demand, in that case will my profile be rejected or I will be given an option to withdraw . If I'm allowed to withdraw , how long should I wait to submit next ee profile ?

3. Yet, if I proceed with filing case and sharing file no and proceed as legally separated , while case in progress, what are my chances of getting a PR ? Just to know my chances.

My CRS - 470

4.Also if I decline now and apply by Jan 2020 when shall I expect next ITA ?

P.S : I hope in long future we might unite hence reluctant to apply divorce , also we are not in terms to ask or share favors .

Reactions: pralific

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

1. I'm married and have a 3 yr old kid ,but due to personal issues staying seperate from spouse for an year now.
2.I do not wish to proceed with divorce and it is not possible to provide my spouse docs for profile creation as we are not in terms.
3. In this situation , I was guided by my agent that I shall proceed with profile creation by providing self attested affidavit stating I'm seperated from spouse for an year and mention anytime in future also I will not sponsor my spouse and proceed with married status itself .However , my agent did not advise me to show kid in the profile stating custody issues . Agent told that I shall get kid's sponsorship after gettingy PR.
4. I received ITA and I have 10 days to submit application , at this point I m told that since spouse stayed in Arab countries in last 10 yrs , his passport complete pages ,PCC would be mandatory , hence there are a lot of chances my profile could not pass n get PR. So I'm now asked to decline my ITA and proceed after a month by adding child details in new EE profile.

My doubts ,

1. Shall I proceed with current profile itself , showing child as non accompanying family member and later after getting my pr shall I process hers later ? Is there any problem involved in this ?

2. If I'm not able to provide spouse's document which the officials demand, in that case will my profile be rejected or I will be given an option to withdraw . If I'm allowed to withdraw , how long should I wait to submit next ee profile ?

3. Yet, if I proceed with filing case and sharing file no and proceed as legally separated , while case in progress, what are my chances of getting a PR ? Just to know my chances.

My CRS - 470

P.S : I hope in long future we might unite hence reluctant to apply divorce , also we are not in terms to ask or share favors .
You need to decide what you want in your life. If you apply now as legally separated with your spouse excluded and then reunite in future, you will not be able to sponsor him. If you ever want your child to be able to immigrate, you need either full legal custody or the father's permission; this is the same for any future sponsorship app.

If you apply as legally separated, IRCC may choose to exclude your spouse or they may require proof that you have filed for divorce.

If you show proof of filing for divorce, your chances are normal. You would still face the issue of your child immigrating.

pralific

Nov 20, 2019
Hello! I am living separately from my wife (no children) for the past 4 years. I want to divorce, but still haven't filed for divorce yet. I want to apply for express entry with a 'separated' marital status. What are the best ways to document the 'separated' marital status' for immigration purposes? I am located in India.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! I am living separately from my wife (no children) for the past 4 years. I want to divorce, but still haven't filed for divorce yet. I want to apply for express entry with a 'separated' marital status. What are the best ways to document the 'separated' marital status' for immigration purposes? I am located in India.
The best way is to file for divorce.

pralific

Nov 20, 2019
Hi All,

My doubts ,

My CRS - 470

Hello Sadhuma! Could you please share how the affidavit should be worded and what points it should cover?