Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
HI I have stayed outside of Canada for apxx 8.5 months and now back in Canada, I applied Citizenship and left Canada to my home country India, and informed CIC after receiving email file no. I contacted CIC through online portal and informed CIC that I left Canada on XXX date due to family emergency.

My question is Now I am back in Canada (after 8.5 months) and will be permanently staying in Canada, do I gain should inform CIC that I am back in Canada after 8.5 months outside stay. Because I have not received any email regarding citizenship test date so far, and I have waiting to appear for citizenship test.
May be CIC would ask me a fresh India PCC (because i stayed more than 6 months after applying application).
Should I inform CIC that I am back in Canada on XXX date. (so that CIC may ask me fresh India PCC) ?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI I have stayed outside of Canada for apxx 8.5 months and now back in Canada, I applied Citizenship and left Canada to my home country India, and informed CIC after receiving email file no. I contacted CIC through online portal and informed CIC that I left Canada on XXX date due to family emergency.

My question is Now I am back in Canada (after 8.5 months) and will be permanently staying in Canada, do I gain should inform CIC that I am back in Canada after 8.5 months outside stay. Because I have not received any email regarding citizenship test date so far, and I have waiting to appear for citizenship test.
May be CIC would ask me a fresh India PCC (because i stayed more than 6 months after applying application).
Should I inform CIC that I am back in Canada on XXX date. (so that CIC may ask me fresh India PCC) ?
Yes, you should inform them. Since you already submitted you may not be asked for PCC. It is required only for the eligibility period.

Doctorstrange11

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
I really doubt you need to submit another PCC because it is always for the eligibility period. Unless your situation changes, and you want to count your stay after returning to Canada, then you would need to submit a new PCC. I believe that would involve submitting an entirely new application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should also check whether you met the residency to still have health coverage or whether you need to reapply. A valid healthcare does not mean you legally have access to receive medical care.

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
You should also check whether you met the residency to still have health coverage or whether you need to reapply. A valid healthcare does not mean you legally have access to receive medical care.
Healthcare, I have reapplied, will recieve health card after 90 days. thatś not an issue, have critical insurance.
My question was regarding informing CIC about my arrival/returning date in Canada.
I applied citizenship after completing continuous 3 years, (it means i still eligible for citizenship application if i have to reapply, which i did not need to be).
when Canada PR or Citizen stays outside Canada for more than 6 months, every province cancels healthcare card, we need to reapply it. It take min 90 days to reactivate healthcare.

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
Yes, you should inform them. Since you already submitted you may not be asked for PCC. It is required only for the eligibility period.
I already not submitted India PCC because I stayed continuously 3 years (out of 4 years) and i was exempt to submit India PCC. Needed not to submit India PCC because i never travelled to my home country India after landing as PR. So, i did not submit India PCC, but now CIC can ask me to submit fresh India PCC after coming back/returning to Canada because i have spent more than 6 months outside Canada, which I will submit when I will get request email to submit fresh India PCC.