+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stayed 10 months in Canada - Do I need a police Clearance?

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I've toured Canada for 10 months. Toured around Ontario for 8 months and a half. And toured Manitoba for one month and a half. My spouse is going to apply for student visa and will apply for spouse open work permit for me. Since I need to indicate in the application that I stayed in another country more than six months, will the VO request for a police clearance from Ontario? I'm just wondering if I should make a request now prior to lodging my husband's application.

Also, do I need to attach my extension visa? - is this rhetorical? Just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing filing our documents.

Thank You!

:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

peggiechua said:
Hi. I've toured Canada for 10 months. Toured around Ontario for 8 months and a half. And toured Manitoba for one month and a half. My spouse is going to apply for student visa and will apply for spouse open work permit for me. Since I need to indicate in the application that I stayed in another country more than six months, will the VO request for a police clearance from Ontario? I'm just wondering if I should make a request now prior to lodging my husband's application.

Also, do I need to attach my extension visa? - is this rhetorical? Just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing filing our documents.

Thank You!

:)
1. No.
2. No, you don't have to attach your extension.

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. No.
2. No, you don't have to attach your extension.

Thank you so much for a quick response PMM. I really appreciate it. :)