+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stay outside Canada as an international student

Sara_21

Mar 16, 2024
I am in the same situation. I extended my study permit in November and had to come back to India in 2nd week of December due to some family reasons. My TRV expired on 31st December 2023. I applied for new TRV on 13 December. I am currently waiting to hear back.
Did you get any update on your application yet?

Sara_21

Mar 16, 2024
Dear all,

I am a full time student in Canada and was in between second semester when my Mother-In-Law passed away on 16th Oct,2023 and I had to travel back to India on 21st Oct,2023 for the rituals as my wife is the single child of her parents. My college was considered enough to defer my semester for the next intake even though I completed half of my semester as it started on 29th Aug,2023. My Study permit is valid till 31st March,2024 and I got a new LOA from the college showing my semester start date as 2nd Jan,2024. My TRV expired on 30th Sep,2023 so I applied for a new TRV on 15th Nov,2023 after I came to India. However, I have not received any update for the TRV for me to travel back to Canada and resume my classes. My college provided a support letter too explaining I had to defer my semester due to Family emergency that I attached while applying for my TRV. I got a new job in Canada after I came to India and the employer gave a letter explaining I am expected to return to Canada ASAP.

I have raised multiple webforms explaining my situation but still I have not heard back from IRCC. Please suggest whatelse can I do as my college is going to provide limited grace period for me to resume my course. I need help!!
Hi, did you get an update on your application? I am almost in the same situation as you and it's worrying me.

Deep_1486

Jan 7, 2024
Hi, did you get an update on your application? I am almost in the same situation as you and it's worrying me.
HI, Yes I did and I am in Canada right now..I got it on 22nd Jan,2024 and I applied on 15th Nov,2023. In case of any clarity please contact me at 306-351-1395.