+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stay in Canada as a Worker

Ram_Qc

Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone!
I am currently on a PGWP which is due to expire on June 2023. I have created an Express Entry profile but haven't received an ITA yet. In case I do not receive an ITA before my PGWP expires, what are my options to stay in Canada as a worker? P.S my employer does not support LMIA and PNP.
Much thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone!
I am currently on a PGWP which is due to expire on June 2023. I have created an Express Entry profile but haven't received an ITA yet. In case I do not receive an ITA before my PGWP expires, what are my options to stay in Canada as a worker? P.S my employer does not support LMIA and PNP.
Much thanks in advance!
You have another year to receive a nomination. If you don’t then you stop working when your PGWP expires. You would need a LMIA and then closed work permit to continue working.

Reactions: Ram_Qc

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If OP's currently in Quebec as their nickname suggests, explains why their employer won't support LMIA and PNP. I also understand not wanting to go through Quebec Immigration.

Reactions: scylla

Ram_Qc

Jan 22, 2020
If OP's currently in Quebec as their nickname suggests, explains why their employer won't support LMIA and PNP. I also understand not wanting to go through Quebec Immigration.
I am currently in Ontario but my current job does not support PNP or LMIA. I am assuming that I might have to leave my current job and apply for a job that supports LMIA, in case I don't get an ITA before my PGWP expires

Ram_Qc

Jan 22, 2020
You have another year to receive a nomination. If you don’t then you stop working when your PGWP expires. You would need a LMIA and then closed work permit to continue working.
Is it possible to stay here on visitor record or could it impact my Express Entry profile?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Yes you can stay here on a visitor record since this is to maintain your status while you wait for a CEC draw, or a new policy to extend work permits or to find an employer with LMIA as long as you have enough savings you can stay in Canada as a visitor.

Reactions: Naturgrl and Ram_Qc