+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Self Declaration - Option To Referral Letter - PLEASE HELP !!!

Dec 27, 2015
Dear All Experts,

Do we need all pages of statutory declaration on stamp paper or just one initial is enough and rest can be on normal A4 paper ?

Also it should be necessary on INR 100 or INR 500 ?

My employer declined to give me referral letter hence I am going with this option but stuck with above doubt if experts can guide on this would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Rukhsana

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rukhsana Hasin said:
Dear All Experts,

Do we need all pages of statutory declaration on stamp paper or just one initial is enough and rest can be on normal A4 paper ?

My employer declined to give me referral letter hence I am going with this option but stuck with above doubt if experts can guide on this would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Rukhsana
Just the first page and 100 should be good to go.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rukhsana Hasin said:
Dear All Experts,

Cheers,

Rukhsana
In my opinion, statutory declaration on any kind of paper will not work as a substitute for reference letter.
What could work is a notarized statement from one of your colleagues on plain white paper listing all information required by CIC. You should also include LOE explaining your employer declined to give you referral letter.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are planning on submitting self-declared reference letter, you should know that CIC won't accept this as a valid evidence of employment.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I answered based on notary documents only. Only first page is on stamp paper and rest are normal A4.

Like the members said above, this is not accepted for a self attested referal letter as an alternate to employers.

Dec 27, 2015
Thank you all.

Then what can be the solution to this problem ? My employer has already said NO straight away that this is NOT in their policy. This is now serious issue for me, not sure how other people of this forum are trying to achieve this part ?

Please guide I am worried now. ???

- Rukhsana

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask any of your colleague to write a letter for you with all the information CIC wanted. Make sure he/she mentions their email/phone number in the employment reference letter. Attach also the refusal letter from your organisation HR and your initial contract with the organisation

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rukhsana Hasin said:
Experts any help / guidance on this ?

Regards,

Rukhsana.....
As others have said, this will not work. I am in a similar position where I cannot get a reference letter as my first employer closed down when he went into retirement. My attempts to track him down on Google and LinkedIn have been unsuccessful.

As a last resort I'm submitting a copy of the following which has his signature and date on it:

1) Copy of Chartered Accountants logbook with his signature and date on it fully documenting the Auditing, Taxation and Financial Accounting work I did for his clients while working in capacity as a 'Graduate Accountant' at his Chartered Accounting firm

2) Copies of T4s and tax returns for years I was at his firm

3) Copy show de-registration of his firm for Income Taxation, GST and business name from Public database

4) Copy showing he signed off on my mentoring form as an Australian Chartered Accountant

I'm not even sure this will work but at least I'm being honest.

Dec 27, 2015
Thanks buddy for your help.

I have already spoken to my manager to him I am reporting and he is happily agreed to sign on the INR 100/500 stamp paper along with his official mail ID on stamp paper (if CIC backs him for background verification).

Can this work ?

Regards,
Rukhsana

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rukhsana Hasin said:
Thanks buddy for your help.

I have already spoken to my manager to him I am reporting and he is happily agreed to sign on the INR 100/500 stamp paper along with his official mail ID on stamp paper (if CIC backs him for background verification).

Can this work ?

Regards,
Rukhsana
This may work. Something is better than nothing.

Dec 27, 2015
Hopefully this should work.... I have another company's refusal mail that as per policy we can not give this letter.

Regards,
Rukhsana