Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
What's different between those 2 questions? How I understand it, if one answers YES to one should also answer Yes to the other. It is repeated question???!!

Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

If ONE answer YES due to denied study permit (which was approved in second attempt), get a space to explain as in the old system? or one should attached LoE?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The questions are very similar.

However, the relevant text which differentiates them is in the second question:

" denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r1987 said:
What's different between those 2 questions? How I understand it, if one answers YES to one should also answer Yes to the other. It is repeated question???!!

Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

If ONE answer YES due to denied study permit (which was approved in second attempt), get a space to explain as in the old system? or one should attached LoE?
If you answer yes to the first, you have to answer yes to the second. BUT you could answer no to the first, but yes to the second if you had been deported from Canada or another country.

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
barbs said:
Please help!! when I was a student, i applied for an off campus work permit and got denied but I have never been asked to leave Canada.

Do I answer No to both?
According to other people on these boards you need to answer yes, since you have been refused a permit (not deported) Then, you need to explain in the LOE what happened. If you say no, it could count as a misrepresentation. I would appreciate if some can comment on this as well. I am in the same shoes... my work permit extension was refused. I answered Yes to both

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
barbs said:
But why would you have to say yes to the first question? The first is about visas and yours is a permit
Now that I am looking at it, you are right! I will answer no to first, yes to second and explain in LOE

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barbs said:
Please help!! when I was a student, i applied for an off campus work permit and got denied but I have never been asked to leave Canada.

Do I answer No to both?
Answer yes to the second only, since you were denied a permit but not a visa.

sumitbhutanigwl

May 16, 2016
I had applied for Provincial Nomination for Saskatchewan but my application was stated ineligible as I did not have the required amount of funds.

What should be my response for this question below? Yes or No?

has Candidate been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Please advise.