+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions: withdrawal of visa application same as refusal?

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
I withdrew my UK visa applications in 2009 and also in 2022. I was never really ever refused so I am pretty sure it doesn't count as a "refusal". But I am still not sure what I should mention on my eAPR statutory questions where they ask if you were ever refused a visa. I heard that withdrawl is a type of administrative refusal but I don't think so. Should I answer no? Or should I answer yes and give them an explanation nonetheless?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I withdrew my UK visa applications in 2009 and also in 2022. I was never really ever refused so I am pretty sure it doesn't count as a "refusal". But I am still not sure what I should mention on my eAPR statutory questions where they ask if you were ever refused a visa. I heard that withdrawl is a type of administrative refusal but I don't think so. Should I answer no? Or should I answer yes and give them an explanation nonetheless?
I am not too sure but I think there is a question where it is asked if you had ever applied for other country. You can explain there.

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
I am thinking about putting "no" and then uploading a small letter of explanation for utmost transparency. What do you think?
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah if you are worried then do that. Include everything that you are unsure of in your LOE and upload it in the additional info at the bottom before submitting

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah if you are worried then do that. Include everything that you are unsure of in your LOE and upload it in the additional info at the bottom before submitting
Great. Thanks for the reply. I will answer no and then just put many different explanations in a large LOE.

Lanre1000

Oct 26, 2022
I'm from Nigeria, how can I get a visa to live in Canada also I have lived in other countries (UAE). Can someone help me out on which visa application is the best for me to live in Canada.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
I'm from Nigeria, how can I get a visa to live in Canada also I have lived in other countries (UAE). Can someone help me out on which visa application is the best for me to live in Canada.
Express Entry is the name of the game dude.