+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Questions: serious disease or physical or mental disorder?

Wajidhosain

Sep 19, 2017
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hi,

Being a diabetic, are we expected to reply yes to this question? Although I have been carrying diabetes for 2 years but everything is well under control & dont have any complication associated with diabetes.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
What about HiV?
Not AIDS but HIV positive it is as diabetes a chronic condition?
For HIV, the answer needs to be Yes. They screen for TB, HIV & Syphilis during the medicals. You can also confirm this with the doctor while doing the medical as you can submit the application only after you have gone for the medicals. GL

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
For HIV, the answer needs to be Yes. They screen for TB, HIV & Syphilis during the medicals. You can also confirm this with the doctor while doing the medical as you can submit the application only after you have gone for the medicals. GL
I don't mind and I will disclose my HIV status to the panel physician. Howerev, I am not sure if I should answer yes to Statutory question. Diabetes and HIV are chronic diseases with diabetes having worse complications compared to HIV since HIV is quite managebale today.
If I had AIDs I would consider that as serious disease. For HIV I am not sure.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I don't mind and I will disclose my HIV status to the panel physician. Howerev, I am not sure if I should answer yes to Statutory question. Diabetes and HIV are chronic diseases with diabetes having worse complications compared to HIV since HIV is quite managebale today.
If I had AIDs I would consider that as serious disease. For HIV I am not sure.
You have to say 'yes'.

What they want to know is whether you have a condition that you could pass on to their citizens/residents after immigration. To the best of my knowledge HIV can be passed on to another through sexual contact or common use of needles. Whether you will do this or not is not the issue.

Saying 'yes' to the question will not disqualify you, they will decide basis your medical. You will get a text field to type your explanation or perspective when you say 'yes'.

Saying 'no' will clearly be considered 'misrepresentation' (as your medical will show that you have HIV) and result in a ban.

GL & take care of yourself.

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

Being a diabetic, are we expected to reply yes to this question? Although I have been carrying diabetes for 2 years but everything is well under control & dont have any complication associated with diabetes.
Hi did you mark YES for question and did you get PR yet ?

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
I marked No for this question. Received my CoPR couple of months back.
I think I unnecessarily marked Yes to this question and stuck.
I had syphilis before and treated and also tested positive during immigration medical exam again treated as per Panel doctor and passed the medical exam. However just that I marked yes, the immigration came back with Procedural fairness letter and asked me to elaborate more my previous response. I responded saying that my syphilis is treated and I do not have any serious disease. Now I'm worrying what would happen..

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
do you had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder
Is this "had" trying to ask you have any past of any disease which won't be discovered in tests with empanelled doctors?
any idea for diabetes in good control should we mark this as yes or no. As diabetes is not past, its always in person and
We anyway are showing all details to Empanelled doctor so don't feel its hiding anything.