+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions regarding rejection of Visa

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and have received my ITA. While filling in the statutory questions I noticed that the following two questions seem to ask the same thing "rejection of visitor visa" twice:
1) Has "Applicant name" been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) Has "Applicant name" ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I have indeed been rejected a visitor visa once last year. Would that mean that I need to answer "Yes" to both these questions and provide the explanation?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and have received my ITA. While filling in the statutory questions I noticed that the following two questions seem to ask the same thing "rejection of visitor visa" twice:
1) Has "Applicant name" been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) Has "Applicant name" ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I have indeed been rejected a visitor visa once last year. Would that mean that I need to answer "Yes" to both these questions and provide the explanation?
Answer Yes to both.

Reactions: gunchetan