+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Questions, help

scott.harry

May 30, 2018
Hi,

I am currently completing my application for PR (post ITA). I have a question regarding the visa refusal question under the statutory questions.

My spouse had a visa rejection/refusal (US tourist visa) when he was a minor (15 y/o), does this mean he has to answer the following question as yes or no?

Has xxxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du
Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

Please help, I thought he could answer no, but I cannot find enough information online. What's your advice?

Thank you!

scott.harry

May 30, 2018
Thank you! Is there a filed to explain when you answer yes or it should be done through a letter or something else?

THANKS!

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hi people .... Even i have a similar situation ..... My husband was refused visa twice :

1. First , in 2010 , he had applied for Canada and they rejected it saying he dint get a total of 67 points , which is a minimum to qualify for PR in canada . He was the primary applicant at that time and he added me later on after our marriage . Now , i have applied as the primary applicant under express entry .... In my profile , should i answer yes to the statutory question asking wether i was refused a visa before ?? Becz way back in 2010 , i was just a dependant . I know that i would have to say yes for my husband .... But what about me ???

2. Second , he was refused an H1 visa for the US in 2015 ... Is it mandatory to say yes in both mine and his application ????

3. Also , i would like to know if this could lead to delay or a possible rejection in our eAPR ???? Anyone here who got PR even after rejections ???

Would be really greatful if someone repies for my queries ... Would be ever greatful . Thanks in advance .

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Seniors .... please help !!!!! I am really worried .....

Also , for the canadian rejection , can i upload the rejection letter or just state the reason in loe .....
For the US H1 rejection , what reason do i state in the loe section ... as the officer at the interview dint mention the reason for rejection ...

Would really appreciate if anyone plz guide me on this ......

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Seniors .... please help !!!!! I am really worried .....

Also , for the canadian rejection , can i upload the rejection letter or just state the reason in loe .....
For the US H1 rejection , what reason do i state in the loe section ... as the officer at the interview dint mention the reason for rejection ...

Would really appreciate if anyone plz guide me on this ......
For Canada, you can upload the rejection letter if you have it and it states the reason and include it in your LOE
For US, they mostly do not give reasons for rejection. So, I wrote LOE stating that "No reason was given for refusal"

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
For Canada, you can upload the rejection letter if you have it and it states the reason and include it in your LOE
For US, they mostly do not give reasons for rejection. So, I wrote LOE stating that "No reason was given for refusal"
Thanks a ton for your prompt reply .... Really appreciate it .... Could you please tell me whats schedule A form ?? I read somewhere that we need to fill it up too ??? Also did you receive your PR ???