+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions after ITA

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Hello Folks, I was refused a US L1B Visa in 2013 at an US consulate in INDIA. I have below doubt in two statutory questions

Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Do i need to answer yes to both?

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
answer for the questions should be in similar way.I had a B1 visitor rejected at Consulate before my H1B was approved

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? YES
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? NO

below has a conversation on the same tone

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-regarding-schedule-a-background-declaration-imm5669e.191367/

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
The question 6.e also says that the been refused for a visa so i got confused. Since both questions talk about visa do we need to write Yes for both of them.

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
The question 6.e also says that the been refused for a visa so i got confused. Since both questions talk about visa do we need to write Yes for both of them.
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? NO

You were only refused a visa at consulate .If you were ever deported or refused admission at border you should answer youre 6.e question as "YES".Otherwise the above details hold right.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello Folks, I was refused a US L1B Visa in 2013 at an US consulate in INDIA. I have below doubt in two statutory questions

Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Do i need to answer yes to both?
Yes to both.

Both questions pertain to “visa refusal”.

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Yes to both.

Both questions pertain to “visa refusal”.
I believe the second question do not pertain to visa refusal.this is related to schedule a background/declaration which states the question as below

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? This wouldn't have anything to do with Visa

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/schedule-a-imm-5669e-uci-problem.548226/#post-6781257

legal falcons comment

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-176#post-6249884

Last edited:

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I believe the second question do not pertain to visa refusal.this is related to schedule a background/declaration which states the question as below

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? This wouldn't have anything to do with Visa

The Schedule A and eAPR statutory questions are worded differently.

The eAPR questions are the one posted by OP on his first post (which I quoted).

The Schedule A (IMM5669E) questions are the one you posted, on which the question “been refused a visa or permit” is not there. I know it is confusing but that’s CIC.

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Srukar,

my bad! i was sorry i read the status to be for schedule a

please go as per iamxty .You answer yes to both

Last edited:
Reactions: iamxty

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Thanks denzrambo, iamxty. I will answer yes to Both.

Also, I am submitting my EApr soon. Do you guys think i need to submit the Schedule A (IMM 5669E) upfront along with LOE since i am answering two of the statutory questions as "Yes"?

Thank you.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks denzrambo, iamxty. I will answer yes to Both.

Also, I am submitting my EApr soon. Do you guys think i need to submit the Schedule A (IMM 5669E) upfront along with LOE since i am answering two of the statutory questions as "Yes"?

Thank you.
Yes, upload it too. I also uploaded it upfront.
But in the Schedule A, answer Yes to 6d only. You don’t need to explain why you are attaching the Schedule A upfront.

In eAPR where you enter explanation for the refusal, I wrote “(Schedule A attached in the Letter of Explanation placeholder)”

Last edited:

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Yes, upload it too. I also uploaded it upfront.
But in the Schedule A, answer Yes to 6d only. You don’t need to explain why you are attaching the Schedule A upfront.

In eAPR where you enter explanation for the refusal, I wrote “(Schedule A attached in the Letter of Explanation placeholder)”
Thanks again iamxty.

Also, I have the below questions can you please share your thoughts.

1. In the Schedule A, When we fill the education history - Do i need to write it from the secondary level onwards? The reason i ask this is, in eApr i just mentioned my bachelors and Masters information. Is it enough if i write the same in Schedule A.

2. Do i need to upload transcripts for the Bachelors and Masters education along with the final degree?

3. My Employer gave me an reference letter but they did not mention previous designations. They confirmed the same via email that its not their policy to give out that information. So i am planning to write an LOE mentioning the same and attaching the email confirmation from employer.
Should i list down my previous designations in the LOE ? My problem is that my company was taken over by another firm after 2 yrs of my joining. But the final service certificate has the new firms name for my entire work experience, the same was provided in the reference letter. So some of my proofs for the previous designations will have the old company information. Do you think i will be confusing the Officer by mentioning all this info? Will it be better for me to just mention the designations in LOE without proofs. Let me know your thoughts.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks again iamxty.

Also, I have the below questions can you please share your thoughts.

1. In the Schedule A, When we fill the education history - Do i need to write it from the secondary level onwards? The reason i ask this is, in eApr i just mentioned my bachelors and Masters information. Is it enough if i write the same in Schedule A.

2. Do i need to upload transcripts for the Bachelors and Masters education along with the final degree?

3. My Employer gave me an reference letter but they did not mention previous designations. They confirmed the same via email that its not their policy to give out that information. So i am planning to write an LOE mentioning the same and attaching the email confirmation from employer.
Should i list down my previous designations in the LOE ? My problem is that my company was taken over by another firm after 2 yrs of my joining. But the final service certificate has the new firms name for my entire work experience, the same was provided in the reference letter. So some of my proofs for the previous designations will have the old company information. Do you think i will be confusing the Officer by mentioning all this info? Will it be better for me to just mention the designations in LOE without proofs. Let me know your thoughts.
1) Same as eAPR
2) Final degree and WES should suffice
3) There are different opinions on this. Personally, I only put my current designation as in the reference letter. I was promoted on the same week I got the ITA.

I suggest you follow the reference letter with regards to the designation and company name so as not to confuse the reviewing officer.

If you feel you need to upload other supporting work-related documents with your previous designation and/or company name, then you need to write an LOE for those.

All the best.

fragrancesoul

Dec 1, 2018
Hi everyone.
i have a similar query regarding two statutory questions.

i was refused Canadian visitor visa, 2 years back. so should i say yes to both? and should i list all the things due to which my visa was rejected as listed in the rejection letter?

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone.
i have a similar query regarding two statutory questions.

i was refused Canadian visitor visa, 2 years back. so should i say yes to both? and should i list all the things due to which my visa was rejected as listed in the rejection letter?
Do you have any updates?