+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Questionnaire

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
hey guys, some questions regarding the statutory section of the PR application asks this. " Has XYZ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

second question followed by the first one is " Has Ahmed Arslan ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

I was once refused a US F1 visa because of lack of proof of funds. But then I reapplied and got it after a month. Now do I have to mention this?? I suppose I do but I don't have any proof that it was refused and the reason for it. Also, should I answer "Yes" for both questions and explain the reason and date of refusal. I was never denied entry to any country or expelled or deported from any country.

Thanks

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
grapehair said:
hey guys, some questions regarding the statutory section of the PR application asks this. " Has XYZ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

I was once refused a US F1 visa because of lack of proof of funds. But then I reapplied and got it after a month. Now do I have to mention this?? I suppose I do but I don't have any proof that it was refused and the reason for it.

Thanks
Yes, you need to mention it. you may have a rejection letter/email with the reason(s) mentioned.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
Yes, you need to mention it. you may have a rejection letter/email with the reason(s) mentioned.
Damn, it was like almost 7 years ago. No Paperwork available!

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
what about this question. Is it asking the same thing ? I was never refused entry or expelled from any country, just was denied visa. But this question is confusing me "Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

I'll appreciate all the feedback

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
You need to be truthful in those statutory declarations otherwise they will come and bite you later on.
With that said, just provide any supporting document / letter of explanation if you said yes to any of the said questions and you should be fine :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
grapehair said:
what about this question. Is it asking the same thing ? I was never refused entry or expelled from any country, just was denied visa. But this question is confusing me "Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

I'll appreciate all the feedback
Yes again.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Yes I'm trying to be as truthful as possible. I have already checked and double checked my application like 10 times. I appreciate you guys replying and helping. I have already answered "Yes" to one of the questions along with the LOE. I'll do the same with the second question as well, and then provide the LOE for that as well, even though the reason is the same. All i'm afraid about is interpreting any of these question wrong and then later on, getting my ass smacked because of answering something which is right to me but not to them.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
grapehair said:
Yes I'm trying to be as truthful as possible. I have already checked and double checked my application like 10 times. I appreciate you guys replying and helping. I have already answered "Yes" to one of the questions along with the LOE. I'll do the same with the second question as well, and then provide the LOE for that as well, even though the reason is the same. All i'm afraid about is interpreting any of these question wrong and then later on, getting my ass smacked because of answering something which is right to me but not to them.
If you provided LOE on the questions you answered Yes to, and CIC deems that you should have answered No to it, they will notify you and correct you. It's not gonna screw your application hehe.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
LokiJr01 said:
If you provided LOE on the questions you answered Yes to, and CIC deems that you should have answered No to it, they will notify you and correct you. It's not gonna screw your application hehe.
That's a good suggestion/strategy to follow if one is unsure of what to answer and willy nilly ends up answering it wrong.

ragulmohan

May 24, 2015
Hey guys, need your help.. I was denied entry into Hong Kong when I tried to enter through ferry from Macau.. there is no stamp in my passport but they got some signatures on a paper and sent me back to Macau.

I was not jailed or fined, will this impact my immigration application?? I have selected yes in “denied entry” as I want to come clean. I don’t have documents for being denied of entry. How do I mention? Is there a format for LOE? Please help if you know how to explain this.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hey guys, need your help.. I was denied entry into Hong Kong when I tried to enter through ferry from Macau.. there is no stamp in my passport but they got some signatures on a paper and sent me back to Macau.

I was not jailed or fined, will this impact my immigration application?? I have selected yes in “denied entry” as I want to come clean. I don’t have documents for being denied of entry. How do I mention? Is there a format for LOE? Please help if you know how to explain this.
No format. Enter the details in the space provided, like visa type, date of entry, port of entry, reason of refusal, etc.