+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Question | Please HELP

Jan 5, 2019
Hi there,

I'm writing this to help one of my friend. He had "hepatitis B & C" 10 years ago and the same was disclosed to the doctor during the medical test. Since then he is fine and the results are non-reactive.

Under the section "statutory questions", What should he mention for the below question? Yes or No?

"Has (name) had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?"

I would like to know if Hepatitis B&C, a serious disease?

Thanks

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hi there,

I'm writing this to help one of my friend. He had "hepatitis B & C" 10 years ago and the same was disclosed to the doctor during the medical test. Since then he is fine and the results are non-reactive.

Under the section "statutory questions", What should he mention for the below question? Yes or No?

Thanks
Of course, just mention it. There's no harm in telling the truth. They have previous records and everything, if they check and find out something that you haven't declared, then they could reject your application considering misrepresentation. If you had some conditions, just mention it, they might ask you to do some extra tests, but if you are okay now, then there'll be no problem.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hi there,

Thanks
Yeah, I agree with the previous answer,just be honest. It's better for the applicant to tell the truth than for IRCC to find out on their own.

Here's a fact for you, my friend applied for his work permit and was instructed to do a medical check. He has Hepatitis B and it didn't stop him from being issued one. So I assume it's not a serious problem.

Jan 5, 2019
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your reply. I checked with him, he submitted his PR application by selecting “NO”. Is there any remedy to overcome this? Any advice would save his growth.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your reply. I checked with him, he submitted his PR application by selecting “NO”. Is there any remedy to overcome this? Any advice would save his growth.
I answered mine No as well, I have non-reactive hepa B too, my medical has passed. I mentioned it during my upfront medical.