+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Question in EE profile

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Has "Candidate Name" been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I have been refuesd USA - student visa in 2010 .

So how shall i describe it.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Yes. Don't hide anything to avoid misrepresentation

Audarya

Dec 5, 2018
Has "Candidate Name" been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Simply state whatever you've written above - refused visitor visa to USA in 2010. Don't worry, rejection of visitor visas, especially to USA and Canada, is pretty common.

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020

Hi Charan,

I am in a similar situation like yours. I was rejected US Student visa (F1) twice when in India. Could you please guide me as to what to answer for the below two questions?

1. Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Thank you
Khushi

Last edited:

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi Charan,

I am in a similar situation like yours. I was rejected US Student visa (F1) twice when in India. Could you please guide me as to what to answer for the below two questions?

1. Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Thank you
Khushi
Select Yes for the Second option and in the comments box, state the Year of Refusal, Type and Country (Refused US Study Permit in 2000 and 2002). Incase you have the refusal letter, you can upload them in the additional documents while filling the eAPR.

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020
Select Yes for the Second option and in the comments box, state the Year of Refusal, Type and Country (Refused US Study Permit in 2000 and 2002). Incase you have the refusal letter, you can upload them in the additional documents while filling the eAPR.
Thank you very much YouGotMeHere.

Just to clarify, answer to question 1 will be No? Also do i have to mention the same in LOE?

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thank you very much YouGotMeHere.

Just to clarify, answer to question 1 will be No? Also do i have to mention the same in LOE?
You can fill in either of those. Doesn't matter. What matters is that you're diclosing the right info. No LOE needed for the Refusal. Just the Refusal letter or Application Number. With info sharing, they have access to a lot more info than you can share.