+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Declaration Of Common Law Union

yankalexia

Jan 31, 2020
Hey guys, I have a question: to apply for the common law sponsorship process, do I necessarily need to sign the Statutory Declaration Of Common Law Union or is it optional?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, I have a question: to apply for the common law sponsorship process, do I necessarily need to sign the Statutory Declaration Of Common Law Union or is it optional?
Mandatory

yankalexia

Jan 31, 2020
Its not requested in the guides for common-law sponsorship. It's also not in the application package for common-law. I didn't send one. how was I supposed to know?
Exactly I am with the some doubt about it. The only difference is that I didn’t send my application yet

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Exactly I am with the some doubt about it. The only difference is that I didn’t send my application yet
I read the complete guide over and over again while working on my application. My application package had no Statutory Declaration Of Common Law Union form.
I'm pretty sure if it was mandatory, it would be somewhere. Including the checklist.

Reactions: yankalexia

TrangNg

Dec 8, 2019
I did NOT include it when I submitted my application last year in October as it was mentioned as OPTIONAL in the checklist. My application was already approved just waiting for PPR. I am not sure if this requirement has been updated though. Also, if your proof of cohabitation is weak, i think its better to include the declaration. This is just my opinion! Good luck!

Reactions: malimu and Alexn

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It's not mandatory for the sponsorship but its mandatory for the work permit application you can include if you apply inland.
doesn't it have to be notarized? basically all notaries near me were closed during covid 19. I didn't fill one out.