29-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Hello,

I need some clarification when it comes to the statutory declarations for the common-law visa. I know that there is form IMM 5409 which seems to be the stat dec for myself and my boyfriend to fill out.

Is there a different form that is for my family members and friends to use? I know we need to provide at least 2 stat decs from people who will prove our history and how they know us....but all I can find is form IMM 5409.

Are they meant to just write it on paper or by email?

There was a generic one we were able to use when I applied for the partnership visa for Australia, not sure if there is the same thing for Canada...

Cheers!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pippalei said:
Hello,

I need some clarification when it comes to the statutory declarations for the common-law visa. I know that there is form IMM 5409 which seems to be the stat dec for myself and my boyfriend to fill out.

Is there a different form that is for my family members and friends to use? I know we need to provide at least 2 stat decs from people who will prove our history and how they know us....but all I can find is form IMM 5409.

There was a generic one we were able to use when I applied for the partnership visa for Australia, not sure if there is the same thing for Canada...

Cheers!
We just used this generator to let them make the statements they wanted: http://www.lawdepot.ca/contracts/affidavit-form/?loc=CA

I then just scraped the sample and removed the watermark.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pippalei said:
I know that there is form IMM 5409 which seems to be the stat dec for myself and my boyfriend to fill out.

IMM5409 isn't actually a required form.

There is no specific form for the 2 Stat Decs, as they don't have to be done in any set or formal way. They can just write a simple letter stating how they know you guys, that you are in a genuine and continuing relationship and that you have been living together for X time. They then need to have the letter notarized.

The 2 Stat Decs cannot be emailed to you, as you need to submit the original notarized letters in the application. Any letters that aren't being notarized can be emailed to you.

pippalei

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.