Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
09/01/2017
Med's Done....
25-11-16
Hello,

A question about the statutory declaration from individuals with knowledge that your relationship is genuine and continuing.

Are two notarized letters enough evidence or should I send more letter from friends and family too(not notarized just signed)?

And can someone give an example layout of a notarized letter.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're applying as a Common-Law partner, you need at least two statutory letters.

No reason not to include additional letters from friends/family that are not notarized.

Just ask them to write, in their own words, what your relationship looks like through their eyes.

If you are a CL couple, they should speak to both parts of your relationship (including the fact that they know you are cohabiting under the same roof).

zacklib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
2 Notarised statutory deceleration letters should do the trick but adding 1 or 2 unmotorised letters from close friends who have knowledge about your relationship is not bad idea. I have seen many common law applicants who included un notarised letters on top of the mandatory Statutory declaration letters.

As for the format i guess many lawyers or Notary officials know how to get this done. You don't have to do it yourself. Good luck.

DeanoC91

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
09/01/2017
Med's Done....
25-11-16
Great, thanks for the replies. Helped a lot.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no official format.

It's important for the author to write, in their own words, what they know about the relationship.

The last thing you want, is for CIC to suspect that the letter was created from a template.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Ponga said:
There is no official format.

It's important for the author to write, in their own words, what they know about the relationship.

The last thing you want, is for CIC to suspect that the letter was created from a template.
Yeah. We included letters from friends and fam and they all said something diff (their own words). My parent's said how we stayed with them for Christmas etc, when they first met my common-law partner, how fond they are of him, us living together etc. His sister's acknowledged how loving our relationship is, and mentioned our 12 yr age gap (in a positive way) and that I act older than my age. His friend's all wrote unique letters and my friends too.